The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: eclassic tubulator removal  (Read 5080 times)

Offline MudBud

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: eclassic tubulator removal
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2010, 03:13:10 PM »
Dark, after reading this I decided to remove the fan solenoid cover as suggested. I will let you know what I see.  I don't burn highly dried wood, more of crap scrap wood that is free.  Lots of southern pine pieces.  I do however burn some good stuff when needed.  Lets see if I can recover quicker than before.

Offline Dean186

• E-Classic 1400 Owner
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2010, 09:46:29 PM »
One more thing CB has done is that on the 2400 stoves do not have any turbulators, as the passages are rectangular in shape about 2"x 8".These stoves have alot more surface area from which to pickup up heat. Maybe some 2400 owners can chime in here. Jeff

The 1400 has a rectangular heat exchanger and no mechanical spiral devices inserted into the heat exchanger.  The 1400 only has the one large rectangular heat exchanger. Without measuring, I would guess it to be 2 inch by 20 inches and about 3 feet long.

Offline ken999

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2010, 12:49:06 PM »
Add me to the list...I yanked the solenoid and cover this AM. After running the boiler all summer and spending alot of time watching things burn it seemed that the low burn cycle was pointless and didn't do anything other than increase the odds of smoke. Not everytime, but alot of times, the stove would knock down to low and smoke a bit after a burning perfectly clear for a 30-40 degree run. This always irritated me and I'd often re-set it to 150 and shut it off. I spent hours fiddling with wood, coals, RC etc etc etc, but never got that final run the way I liked it. After reading this thread I felt kinda foolish that I didn't figure out to pull the solenoid ALONG time ago...haha...not seeing the forest through the trees I guess.

Anyways...I monkeyed up and didn't put enough wood in last night, so things were at 137 this AM. I got her going and pulled the solenoid....after an hour or so the stoved dropped to low, or so it thought, and voila...no puff or transition smoke. Awesome.

Thanks for the tip fellas. I'll keep a good eye on it this week and see how it goes, but so far so good.

Offline ken999

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 08:34:56 AM »
Temps warmed up right after making the changes, so I haven't let the stove run too much on it's own. I've been home alot and have been running it in 'summer  mode'. The few times I let it run, cycling normally, it looked real good. No smoke, never even close to temp over-run/boiling over.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Softwood use in an eclassic

Started by stumper on Firewood and Wood Heating

7 Replies
Last post April 03, 2012, 11:07:11 AM
by blackfoot griz
xx
Eclassic Issues

Started by leeallen on Firewood and Wood Heating

3 Replies
Last post January 16, 2009, 03:49:24 PM
by woodmills1