iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

VERY nicely designed sawsall

Started by Ironwood, January 27, 2012, 05:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwood

I just wanted to share a tool with you all that I thought went off the market when I bought my first one for an Ironwood job in a resturant. Rarely do I find something impressive made within the last 20 years.

Let me say, I use ALOT of hand tools in my job, and it is HARD to impress me with all the JUNK out there. I lke innovative solution oriented well designed tools. When I first saw this: Fuego I was floored, and continue to be, and was glad to see it is available, I bought and EXTRA in case they dissappear again.

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Power-Tools-Saws-Reciprocating-Saws/h_d1/N-as92Z5yc1v/R-100646504/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

For my rustic tree, branch and twig work, the one hand operation is great because you can use your other hand to hold the work. Has a LED light, when you press the trigger, quick detatch blade, and lit cord end when it is plugger into a powered cord.

I used this for my recent Ironwood job, you can see the collection here:

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=55359.20

This is what the job looks like only much larger.

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

JV

That sure looks handy.  Both my sawzalls are two fisted.  I'm going to check it out on my next trip to the store.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

fishpharmer

Thanks for headsup, that would be handy!
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

tyb525

I have been very impressed with Ridgid tools. I have their 9pc cordless set but the sawzall is the 2 handed type.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

shelbycharger400

i have a coleman (black + decker) 2 handed sawsall, corded, a coleman battery sawsall.    and a 6 inch long air saw, hmm... might have to go to the store and check this one out.

Ironwood

Thanks guys, yes, nice design for my use. I also believe a lifetime warrentee, and now that they are still on the market you could get a new one if you needed it.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!