iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Track id

Started by beenthere, January 28, 2012, 02:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

possum  is my guess.  I hve cought then in pretty cold weather.  Does it look like one toe is pointing backward?
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

beenthere

No toe pointing out.
I'm thinking mink, with size of print, stride, and the loping characteristics of the weasel family. The mink is between the otter and the weasel according to many resources I've found. The only kicker is the distance to water, but there are accounts of the young bucks having to go cross country in search of new territory to prowl.

I doubt there will be any reason to stay on top of this hill very long. Water is near a mile either direction in the valleys.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

red oaks lumber

walking in the field today and ran across that same print pattern, i dont think fisher, i say that because their pattern in the woods is very differant. otter would drag tail in snow.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

SwampDonkey

Quote from: beenthere on February 19, 2012, 02:53:16 PM
The mink is between the otter and the weasel according to many resources I've found.

And the marten is between the mink and the otter. We had the dang things in the logging camp. And if I ain't mistaken they were common around game and fish camps to. I have seen more than one stuffed and on display in a camp. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Clark

With that video beenthere, I'd amend my previous answer to most certainly mink.  Unless you have marten around but mink would be a solid guess.

Clark
SAF Certified Forester

Thank You Sponsors!