iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Powerball

Started by Riggs, November 28, 2012, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

That was also my first thought.  The winner has not been heard from, and neither has Bibby.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

"take the money and run" sound familiar?  :D :D  Yesterday at 4:30 my wife calls from work to ask if I can come and change her flat tire, she's 45 minutes away and we still had 2 hours of cattle to sell yet but she had a class after work that lasted until 9:30 so all worked out, then she got out of class and backed into a car, about $1000 worth of damage, I wasn't too worried about our luck winning. :-\

Magicman

At least you won't have to pinch yourself to see of you are still awake.  Life happens.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cypressstump

Welp,, I here to say I HIT the Powerball !

The only number I hit on my ticket was the PB number, 6.............. ::)
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Riggs

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

chevytaHOE5674

Still no word from Bibby...... hmmm

beenthere

He's about 200 mile from the place that sold the ticket. Do ya think?  Maybe on one of his long drives....

Would be great for Bibby
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

The last we heard Mary was making a delivery of Sycamore.  move_it  Maybe she just kept on going.   

thecfarm

and going and going and going............ That would be something. 8)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

muddstopper

I figure if I ever hit the lottery, my wife will take the money and leave. I try and buy at least one ticket a week. Who knows, maybe i will get lucky.

Cypressstump

Quote from: muddstopper on November 30, 2012, 11:34:37 AM
I figure if I ever hit the lottery, my wife will take the money and leave. I try and buy at least one ticket a week. Who knows, maybe i will get lucky.

That reminds me of when i heard a woman came home all exicted and told her hubby, " hey pack your clothes" ,,, he asks" why honey we going on a trip? " she says." no we to it , just you, get the heck outta here, I won the lottery !"
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

WDH

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on November 28, 2012, 06:18:32 PM
Danny gets a tractor trailer load of kiln dried Walnut and Cherry

I need you to get out there and buy a whack of tickets..................NOW!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

red

No one won last night's Powerball so now it is $1 Billion 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

sawguy21

:o How much is that? Geesh!!
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Old Greenhorn

GEEZ! That's got be worth  what... Almost a million bucks!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Nebraska

In 2018 dollars.....  ::)

thecfarm

Well since I did not win, I won't be able to tell the guy that fills up my truck to keep the change.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

alan gage

I haven't bought a ticket in years but I sold about $50 worth of junk this morning so I bought 10 tickets.

I find it impossible not to daydream about what I'd do with the money even though I know the chances of winning are infinitesimal. That alone is worth $20 now and again. 

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

B.C.C. Lapp

You guys know that a logger won big in the power ball once before.  
The reporter that interviewed him ask if winning the millions would change his lifestyle.
The logger said, "No. No I'll probably just keep logging till the money is gone." 8) :D
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Bradm

So, uh, who's willing to go out and buy me a few tickets for the next draw?  And, um, do you mind spotting me the cash for it?  I'm good for it; I swear. smiley_devilish

thecfarm

Sure, I will keep the tickets until they draw the numbers.  :D 
Then after the draw you can pay me.  ;)

Al_Smith

I've got a lot of vices but gambling is not one of them .I suppose the stock market might be considered a vice but it has  been real kind to me .The  chances of even getting a few numbers right is less than getting struck by a lightning bolt .

TN King

Every person gambles every day regardless of choice.
If you aren't in it you won't win it. 
2 bucks at a chance. No brainer.
Timberking 2020 - Mahindra 3550PST - Titan implements -
1840's two story log home - 50x60 log pole barn with 6 stalls - Trout pond - Hardwood timber stands - fruit trees - natural springs and lots of wildlife.

gspren

Quote from: gspren on November 28, 2012, 01:15:04 PM
 If I win I'm putting brand new tires on the old Farmall! Maybe even new rims!  :D
I looked at my post from 2012 and I no longer have that Farmall so I guess now I'd just fill up all the gas tanks with Premium!
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

snobdds

I had a statistics class in college where the professor went all class on showing how stupid it is to play the lottery. 

At the end he pulled out a ticket that won his wife 1 million dollars. 

He told the class he was glad his wife never listened to him.   :D

I look at like a risk to reward ratio.  I will risk 10 to win a billion.  It's a no brainer. 

Thank You Sponsors!