iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bark Up or Bark Down

Started by doctorb, February 20, 2013, 10:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorb

I think you'll enjoy this article from the NY Times about a Norwegian TV show on firewood.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/20/world/europe/in-norway-tv-program-on-firewood-elicits-passions.html?_r=1&

Talk about reality TV!!! ;) :)
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

g_man

Gotta love it. I have read so many posts by experts saying it should be one way or the other. I am glad that half of the Norse wood burners agree with all of them  ;D

r.man

Good grief and I thought Canadians were boring.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

stumper

Canadians are boring :D

My answer to the question is "Any way my wife stacks it is great". 

r.man

Stumper, your profile does not have a map location so I do not have a proper response for that uncalled for, unsolicited national slur. Except to say three burly hockey players with foil wrapped around their hands are on the look out for you until you admit you like back bacon.

thecfarm

r.man,I don't want to get in on this,but there is a smiley there that stated,Ya,that's a good one,meaning that is funny and he quoted you too. stumper is a nice guy and I know he did mean anything bad or mean by what he said.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

r.man

Wow Cfarm, you made me laugh more than stumper did. I refuse to use emoticons, I feel that humour and sarcasm should " speak " for themselves although my reference to the movie "Slapshot" is a bit obscure due to it's age. I  probably should reconsider since both work better with body language and inflection. It is almost impossible to insult or offend me and if you did there would be no doubt in anyone's mind that it had happened. Sorry if I tensed anybody up, I think they refer to my sense of humour as " droll ".

thecfarm

Sarcasm does speak for themselves,but we can't see your emotions through a computer screen That's where the smileys come in.  :D stumper used them but I did not see any on your post. Sorry,I took it the wrong way.  :-[
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

stumper

Guess I'll have to fix add to my profile.  I am from Maine.  The state that is bordered by two Canadian provinces and only one state ???

I have nothing against Canaidians, in general I like them, I just like a good chuckle, and a softball served up that easy is one I could not refuse.

By the way my based on the geneology my wife has done, I am married to a woman that is half Canadian (and I still likel them ;D)

muddstopper

When I stack my wood, I try to please everybody. I stack half with the bark up, and half with the bark down. Occasionally I might stack a stick on its edge, but thats just because it slipped out of my hands.  :D

tyb525

Stacking firewood is like a puzzle to me.Which pieces fit the best where?
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

r.man

Stumper I would have been disappointed if nobody had taken a crack at my comment, half the fun is seeing what comes out next.  ;D I guess I should learn to use these things if only to avoid confusion. :'(  No need to apologize Cfarm your hearts in the right place.

jueston

QuoteOn Twitter, a viewer named Andre Ulveseter said: "Went to throw a log on the fire, got mixed up, and smashed it right into the TV."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sonofman

What do the bark up, bark down fanatics do with a piece that has no bark on it? :D :D
Located due west of Due West.

r.man

I can answer that. A person who is serious about life will either add a piece of bark saved specifically for this occasion or discard the barkless piece of wood as defective. Because it is.

Cedar Savage

Quote from: Sonofman on March 08, 2013, 08:43:37 PM
What do the bark up, bark down fanatics do with a piece that has no bark on it? :D :D

I put them under the pieces that have the bark on them, to keep them dry....
"They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before."         Mark Twain

woodmills1

I think maybe some burley hockey players should put all you(and me) deep in the ground in canadian plywood boxes :o
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!