iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lt40 Grease fittings

Started by moandrich, March 14, 2013, 09:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moandrich

Am I going crazy?  Our last mill (lt30) had grease fittings on the blade guide rollers.  I see none.  Are these something that should be added?  My parts manual shows both.

Thanx, Rich
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

isawlogs

your mill probably has sealed bearings, mine does .  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Brucer

Mine are sealed as well. I had to replace the bearings in the outboard blade guide roller at about 2000 hours. I could probably have got a few hundred more hours out of it but I'm a bit fanatical about vibration.

The outboard bearing is the one most likely to give trouble because it's right next to the lube nozzle(s).
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Bibbyman

We've used the greaseless style for years and not worn out a bearing. The guide roller on the left is 1/10" smaller than the new one yet the bearings are still good.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

WH_Conley

I started out with the ones with grease fittings. When a neighbor I was sawing for blew out the seals trying to help, I got by til the rollers needed replaced. Replaced with the sealed ones, the only way to go.
Bill

bandmiller2

Sealed bearings,the good ones,are the best route.Those idler pulleys in your truck use the same bearings and look how many years and miles they last. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Ga Mtn Man

How can you tell the "good ones" from the not "good ones"? ???
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

isawlogs

Rollers comes with the good ones  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

octam1

WoodMizer stopped using the greaseable bearings years ago because people would over grease them, pop the seals and that would let debris in and take out the bearings... The sealed ones should out last the guide rolles by far... Just replace them with sealed and all will be good... if the rollers have alot of wear on them you can replace them as an assembly or get just the bearings... make sure you put in the felt washers that come with the bearing kit to help keep the debris out...
KnottHead Custom Sawing & FabWorx
Ceres/Twain Harte CA.

WoodMizer LT40SHDG38 w/AS2 & Debarker
Lucas 8-20 Swinger w/60" Slabber & Planer
Solar/Dehumidifier Kiln in the worx
Stihl - 2x 026's, 044, 046, 2x 066, MS660, 2x 088 & 3x 075AV

Thank You Sponsors!