iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rugged Made Splitter

Started by DeerMeadowFarm, December 18, 2013, 08:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeerMeadowFarm

Just found these. For the price, it seems too good to be true. Anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.ruggedmade.com/log-splitters/37-ton-log-splitter-fixed-blade-type-2b.html

beenthere

Price looks pretty healthy to me.
Are you buying, or have you operated one?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DeerMeadowFarm

I think I paid close to that for the Oregon splitter (Speeco, Huskee) that I am not very impressed with (and wrote a review on here about) and this looks like a better design to me.

LAZERDAN

plt

Looks good and the 37 ton will murder anything most of us ever see. But I would question the travel position of the  lift table. Looks like it's searching for a place to snag itself.
Duty, the the sublimest word in our language.

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less.
Robert E Lee.

gspren

I see it has a Lifan engine, never heard much about them.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Oliver1655

IIRC I read a few years back that Lifan was one of the major China builder of the Honda clones.
John

Stihl S-08s (x2), Stihl S10 (x2), Jonsered CS2139T, Husqvarna 338XPT California, Poulan Microvibe XXV, Poulan WoodShark, Poulan Pro 42cc, McCulloch Mini-Mac 6 (x2), Van Ruder Hydraulic Tractor Chainsaw

luvmexfood

I would check real close about the availability of parts for the engine.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Kemper

RCBS

Looks good other than the Chonda motor.  Suprised they don't call it a 15 horse. 
Echo CS-3400, 550xp, Jonsered 2166, L3130 Kubota, '78 JD 300 backhoe, Kubota RTV900, JD2305, lots of sharp stuff and several firearms

Yatt

Quote from: DeerMeadowFarm on December 18, 2013, 04:30:24 PM
I think I paid close to that for the Oregon splitter (Speeco, Huskee) that I am not very impressed with (and wrote a review on here about) and this looks like a better design to me.

This looks better than my 28 ton Speeco.

But I paid $1250 for the Speeco vs. $2995 which is a huge difference.

For the money the Speeco is a good value and I processed about 18 cord since Sept.
288 XP Lite
372XPG
562XP
357XP
550XPG
346XP
Dolmar 7900
028 Super totally rebuilt and ported
Speeco 28ton splitter
Silvey 510, Oregon 511AX & Tecomec grinder

aikman08

Quote from: DeerMeadowFarm on December 18, 2013, 08:49:09 AM
Just found these. For the price, it seems too good to be true. Anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.ruggedmade.com/log-splitters/37-ton-log-splitter-fixed-blade-type-2b.html
I just bought a 37 type 2 30" stroke. This machine is awesome! I had been using a 31ton horiz./vert. which was fine but my boiler takes a 30" log so it was a real pain to split them. Log lift is great (my woodsplitting boys just moved out). You talk about fast this splitter is ridiculously fast . We will have  to see about longevity. 1300.00 less than northern

Thank You Sponsors!