iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rugged made splitters

Started by Dugsaws, October 10, 2015, 09:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dugsaws

Anyone have one of these machines? I am thinking about buying and just wondering what opinions good or bad.
Doug

ckhenshaw4

Hey Dugsaws,
I bought one last year.  Their largest one with the log lift.  They say it is their 37 ton ???????????
The only problem I had was the valve that extended the ram leaked.  I called them, and they sent out a replacement with NO questions asked.  I have split about 12 cord with it so far, and it has worked very well.   I haven't found anything that it has not been able to split, and it has picked up SEVERAL chuncks of would that was probably over its "limit" as far as the log lifter. 
So far I really like it.    8)
Getting TOO old to "man handle" wood anymore. Looking at building a firewood processor.

beenthere

Where are the RuggedMade built?

Frankly, have not heard of that brand before but actually wonder what might be some different with them from other splitters ??  Engine, pump, valve, style, ??

http://www.ruggedmade.com/log-splitters.html
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ckhenshaw4

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that they are made in CHINA ???   I see now, from your attachment, that they offer a Briggs engine now, and not just the other. (Forget the name) I would have went with the Briggs if that option was available at that time, although I have not had any problems with my engine. 
Getting TOO old to "man handle" wood anymore. Looking at building a firewood processor.

Thank You Sponsors!