iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skidsteer Splitter

Started by Magicman, March 07, 2017, 10:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I made a visit to my local tree service guy and saw this.

This thing is huge, and he can split an entire log with it.  Hopefully I can see it in operation and take a video when I am sawing some logs/lumber for him next week.  That is a 5" hydraulic cylinder!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Andries

"The Kraken" sure is a good name for that monster!
Would love to see it in action MM.
Split rail fence material anyone?
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

newoodguy78

My word he must have one big skid steer that sucker is massive.

hedgerow

That is one nice set up. Thanks for posting that.

Magicman

Here is a Red Oak log.   :o

That is 16' long that he split with the Kraken splitter.  He uses it on a 92hp Kubota skid steer.

r.man

That might be a better alternative to the huge log splitter to break down logs that are too big for processors. What do you do if something gets stuck on a tooth?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Magicman

He said that with the way the jaws were shaped and the angle of the "crunch" the logs were pried open without any binding.  ??  I guess that with a skidsteer, if something did get stuck you could drag it off.  He had some mighty big logs on his yard that he had broken down.

Thank You Sponsors!