iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

JD Skidsteer

Started by bandmiller2, March 14, 2017, 11:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Ole Bandmiller2 just advanced to the 21 century, bought a nice clean Deere skidsteer. Will retire my 60 yr old Deere farm tractor and dung loader, unless the going gets tough. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

paul case

Good for you Frank!!

What model is it?

I sure love my skidsteer. The only way it is leavin here is ifn I get a bigger one.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

bandmiller2

Paul, its not a big one, 240 with a little over 1000 hours. Very clean, used mostly for snow removal. Going to transfer my fork frame to the universal mount system. Frank C.

barbender

Low hours, sounds like a good unit! A skid loader is something that, once you have one, you will refuse to be without ever again ;)
Too many irons in the fire

paul case

Good deal Bandmiller2.

I like that quick change deal. We go from the bucket to forks or what ever else in half a minute without a hammer..... usually.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Darrel

Good for you bandmiller2. A good skidsteer has been on my lust list for a while now!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Mt406

I have a JD317 with the counter weights I can lift around 2400 lb have moved logs up to 4000 lb ( rolled bounced and skided)
I have a log grapple, forks, bucket, back hoe, auger, and post pounder. I don't think I could live with out it.
Great investment.
were your seat belt they can  buck 

bandmiller2

Skids are like the Swiss army knife of machines, you would need a large barn to hold all the attachments. Been using a friends equipment at the mill site my favorite is an ASV on tracks but the cost of replacement tracks scares me. I've moved some massive logs with their Bobcat up on tippy toes, your OK as long as you keep it low and level. Frank C.

barbender

Well actually, I think of them more like the Leatherman of machines, Frank ;)

Bruno of NH

One of my friends has an ASV its hard on tracks and now has a blown motor.
It was a rental rig before he got it .
I can tell you this ASV are made for a small man not a big guy like myself :D I can't even fit in the thing.
I can fit in the Cat and kubota skid steers
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

barbender

The ASV line seems to have mire durability priblems than most, especially the larger machines. Probably the most basic and reliable is the RC50 model (that may be updated to something else now) The right size and horsepower where it doesn't destroy itself. No turbo (RC60 has turbo otherwise same machine) turbo on the little Perkins is exorbitantly priced I'm told, vy a former ASV mechanic.

ladylake

Congratulations  Frank you'll wonder how you ever got by without one. I have 2 now, the 2nd one a Volvo MCT125c is a hoss as I've lifted a 5600# log with it but the best thing is the 1 arm design with the side door, easy in and out but the best things is being able to leave the forks at any height and still being able to get out. A lot safer also.  Steve

Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

ozarkgem

I will rate the skidsteer as the greatest labor saving machine there is. They will pry mine from my cold dead fingers.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

bandmiller2

You older guys will probably remember the first skids I believe were made by Bobcat and were kinda a joke real light duty. If I recall they had an aircooled Wisconsin engine and a belt setup to drive. I worked for a commercial landscape contractor that had no equipment. I had an international 300 utility with loader and hoe I rented to him, mostly to load trucks in the yard. They bought a new Bobcat and the bosses son drove by me to load bark mulch, said it would put me out of business. Went to load a truck with sideboards and dumped a bucket full all over himself and the new machine. He came back and told me I better load the truck. Frank C.

TKehl

They are handy as shirts on pockets.   :D 

Going to second wearing the belt.  Had one go over forward with a grapple full of limbs that wasn't that heavy but was too high.  Must have hit a stump as I was suddenly looking at the ground.  Luckily I was wearing the belt at the time otherwise there could have been more damage to man and machine.  Wore it most of the time before that, but very diligent now.
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

bandmiller2

Your right about the safety seat belts they will beat you around on rough ground especially if your in a hurry. A good operator can outwork just about any machine with a skidsteer. Frank C.

Thank You Sponsors!