The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Anyone with a new Central boiler Classic Edge Titanium series boiler yet?  (Read 8806 times)

Offline djonesp

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
Re: Anyone with a new Central boiler Classic Edge Titanium series boiler yet?
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 03:21:18 PM »
I have this year. I have gone thru the instructions on how to light it and I cannot keep it burning continuously. The water reaches the set point and stops everything. It doesn't cool off fast enough to restart the fans.. any ideas?
Make sure your pulse is coming on. You can adjust frequency and length of the pulse. Sometimes mine doesn't turn on for a few hours but the pulse keeps it going. It also is important to have some sort of coal bed built up. The coals that look like charcoal relight with just a spark. Even in my first year with wetter wood my stove had no problems on relight.
How will I be able to tell if the pulse is coming on? I've tried adjusting in some last week, but still no luck.

Offline mrcaptainbob

• I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 10:17:53 PM »
I installed a CB SCL 5648 in 09/04. It's been in constant use since. Well, almost. We kept it running for domestic hot water use in the summer, but the past two summers we shut the furnace down and used electric. The only 'repair' issues were for a new door solenoid and a new door seal. My wife keeps at least an annual check on the corrosion inhibitor properties. We scrupulously follow the directions on that.

Offline panolo

• Share Post
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 09:07:17 AM »
I have this year. I have gone thru the instructions on how to light it and I cannot keep it burning continuously. The water reaches the set point and stops everything. It doesn't cool off fast enough to restart the fans.. any ideas?
Make sure your pulse is coming on. You can adjust frequency and length of the pulse. Sometimes mine doesn't turn on for a few hours but the pulse keeps it going. It also is important to have some sort of coal bed built up. The coals that look like charcoal relight with just a spark. Even in my first year with wetter wood my stove had no problems on relight.
How will I be able to tell if the pulse is coming on? I've tried adjusting in some last week, but still no luck.
Do you have it hooked to wifi? Pretty easy to see if you look at the graph. Otherwise you have to time it and catch it when it is on pulse mode. 
If you have a low heat load and the unit is not calling for heat very often I would adjust my pulse air to a longer pulse length and a shorter time between pulses. If you have your manual it goes through the directions. If all else fails call your dealer. 

Offline WI Fire

• Share Post
I bought a Central Boiler Titanium Stainless in 1998 0r 1999. I undersized it for my needs and sold it to my brother-in-law. It's never had a lick of problems, and yes, he does use the boiler treatment from central boiler. Central boiler went to the inner boiler of this material because of the reliability when properly treated.

No I am not a dealer. I have found that many problems associated with anything is based on misuse or misunderstanding by operators.

That being said, Central boiler, like any company has had issues but seems to strive to make improvements.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Central Boiler Edge 750 Titanium

Started by Logging logginglogging on Firewood and Wood Heating

47 Replies
Last post September 04, 2019, 09:32:41 AM
by Logging logginglogging
xx
Central Boiler Classic 6048 or Edge 750

Started by GrizzlyCmj on Firewood and Wood Heating

6 Replies
Last post May 10, 2016, 08:57:50 AM
by toolroomguy