iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rustic Cherry Stand For My Wife's Orchids

Started by 21incher, June 19, 2017, 09:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

Didn't want to wait for it to dry So I used some fresh cut live edge cherry to build a rustic stand for her orchids. The finish will come after it is dry and I see if it is worth finishing, or will be turned into fire wood. Just hoping the bark stays on. :)

https://youtu.be/XIQWtu-cC-o
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Savannahdan

Thank you for posting the video.  Another fun project for making rustic furniture.  Like the use of the aluminum bar and routing the recess in the legs.  Bet your wife loves it.  Really helps to show off the orchids.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

WDH

I enjoyed the video.  Good luck with the bark, hope it stays on. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

21incher

Quote from: WDH on June 20, 2017, 07:41:11 AM
I enjoyed the video.  Good luck with the bark, hope it stays on. 
Thanks, I never left the bark on cherry before so this is a experiment. I had some nice dry walnut and ash with bark, but she likes the look of the cherry better.
Quote from: Savannahdan on June 20, 2017, 07:30:00 AM
Thank you for posting the video.  Another fun project for making rustic furniture.  Like the use of the aluminum bar and routing the recess in the legs.  Bet your wife loves it.  Really helps to show off the orchids.
Only took a little over 2 hours to make her happy, so it was worth it. I figure in about 2 years I should be able to finish it If it doesn't warp to much drying. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ToddsPoint

I've heard if you cut a tree in winter the bark will stay on.  In summer, it will fall off.  Any truth to that?  Gary
Logosol M7, Stihl 660 and 290, Kubota L3901.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!