iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Seasons Greetings

Started by Mark M, December 22, 2004, 08:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

This is a day late but what the heck!

Yesterday was winter solstice here (probably for you too) and the shortest day of the year, and the longest night. The sun runs its lowest and most southerly path across the sky, of the whole year. It is the first day of winter, here in the northern hemisphere. After this, the days will be getting longer, and nights shorter. It is no coincidence, the major holidays of many great religions are celebrated around Solstice. I wish you all a wonderful holiday season, whichever you celebrate.

As a side note we had 75+ mph winds (hurricane force) here in the Dakota's, minus way-below-zero wind chill, and near white-out conditions just to celebrate the first day of winter! Ya know them cows can stand up pretty good against the high wind but when it stops blowing they all tip over! Today everyone is out standing up the cows.

Seasons Greetings

Mark

pasbuild

What you folks out in the Dakota's need to do is start planting some trees there great for knocking down the wind  ;D
HAPPY HOLIDAYS
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Patty

Mark you always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much.   ;D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

whitepe

Merry Christmas everyone   :)
Hey Mark,  when are you bringing the company plane
to Peoria to pick up those logs I've got for you?
I know you don't have too many trees in the Dakotas
cause I saw your photo trip journal from a year or so ago.  ;D

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Kevin_H.

I have always heard wee bulls wobble but they dont fall down?

must be a different breed :P
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Thank You Sponsors!