iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I think I won the Lottery!

Started by justallan1, December 18, 2017, 09:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justallan1

Last summer we had a fire that was about 360 acres, that in the process of putting a line around, they dropped or pushed over bunches of great looking saw logs that are untouched by the fire. I guarantee fifty 1.5' diameter and better, plus another 100 smaller. As for scorched logs inside the fire line that have died or will be soonly, there's more than I'll be able to get to for darned sure. I'd talked with the boss about sawing them and he'd said to get with it.
Due to liability issues I couldn't have guys running equipment or saws on the ranch and do to the terrain I HAD to have a tractor to get it done or go into the firewood business again. Firewood prices have dropped to $100 a cord here, so I wasn't racing to even get started.
As a last ditch effort I went to the boss yesterday and offered him an even split if he were to get the logs prepped and staged for me and I would saw them. He smiled and kind of laughed and told me that he had just told his son that he was planning to get the logs up the hill and hire me to saw them for him. ;D
Believe this for sure, I've already talked with Derek from Kasco this morning to get another box of blades.
Some times things just work out for everyones good.

goose63

Hay allan do i need to make a road trip  ;D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Crossroads

Sounds like a good deal for all involved, congratulations
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

justallan1

Quote from: goose63 on December 18, 2017, 09:54:07 AM
Hay allan do i need to make a road trip  ;D
You just might, but you know good and well how the weather is here. It can be sunny and half decent in the morning and by supper we could have had 6 weather changes to include all four seasons.

goose63

Just like here we have two more good days then the below stuff for a week or more
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!