iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Water Well Problem

Started by Jeff, November 04, 2006, 06:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logwalker

My well didn't hit until 787' feet. Do I win something? We are surrounded by saltwater and we went 500' below sea level. go figure. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

thecfarm

That saved you some money at only 108'.And 100 gallons a minute,start selling water.That is great and than some.No more water problems for you.That will keep the pool full or is that the log pond?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Furby thinks its the log rolling pond. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Get this.........
Da dog can play in da pool....... da Furby can't. :-\

treetech

This reminds me of a story I read somewhere(maybe on the Forum) about a group of women discussing which kitchen convienience they would miss the most if it was removed.
One said the fridge one said the dishwasher, another the stove but when asked,  the grandmother said she would miss the running water the most. It's amazing what we take for granted until something happens to it. Imagine the woods toys we would have if we didn't have to spend so much money on the house and vehicles!!  :)

Jeff

Its not the Furby, its da logs.  NO ONE LIKES LOGS IN DA POOL!  :D

treetech, Yep, if it were not for the well, I could have bought me a new ATV. :-\

OneWithWood

Quote from: Furby on April 18, 2007, 09:49:58 PM
Get this.........
Da dog can play in da pool....... da Furby can't. :-\

Yes.  I remember that edict coming out in a post a long time ago.  I think it was about the first piggy roast.  The boss said 'No Furby's in da pool!' 

:D :D :o :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Furby

Yeah Boss, don't make me pull those posts up!
The rule was NO FURBIES IN DA POOL!
Nothing to do with logs at dat time, something bout furballs though.

Fla._Deadheader

To get the facts straight, I'm the one that asked about the Log Rolling  ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

maple flats

Your success with 100 gpm reminds me of a furnace customer I had several years ago. It seems he was getting an in ground pool installed and as the workers left for lunch he asked them if it was ok for him to fill the pool yet. They said he could but that it was going to take a long time to fill it because the pool held over 30,000 gal and they chuckled as they left. They went to town, had lunch and picked up something they were missing for the job. When they returned the pool was over 3/4 full and filling fast. It seems the guy had a well that was only 20 feet deep and he was on an underground river. He had an irrigation pump with something over 300 gpm hooked up and filling the pool. He claimed the water was good, soft and tested real good. The pool guys were impressed to say the least.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Jeff

As I suspected and correctly recalled, the no Furbys in da pool rule is a direct result of wanting to ROLL LOGS IN DA POOL!

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=3962.msg93915#msg93915

Fla._Deadheader

Try THIS one

QuoteFla._Deadheader
Costa Rica
Senior Member x2

Linda Vista, Costa Rica

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

Re: Planning a forum get together for summer of 20
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2003, 11:49:26 AM »    Reply with quote Modify message Remove message
Pregunta,  Gonna be any logs in that pool  Roll Eyes Grin  Uhhhhhhhh, knowin Kevin, I probably shouldn't have axed that. Roll Eyes
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Well, (Ha, Well!)  Well, our water quit completely tonight. Cant get it going again. The new well is in but not hooked into the house yet. Tammy came in to call the well guy and he answered the phone and laughed and said did you check your email?  So we checked our email and there was a note from him saying they would be here in the morning to tie the new well in.  I guess we can get along until morning. Thank goodness the thing held out this long.  :)

Kevin_H.

All's well that ends well.

Man thats deep.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Gary_C

Well, you must be thinking there is something funny going on in your house. First you dream about how to fix the picture thingy and it works, then your old well turns off when an email arrives and you don't even see the email. How did you do it?   ???
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Jeff

We got water!  Here Jeremy is testing the line and shutoff valve he requested be put in so he can put a sprinkler system in for his Mom.  Looks like plenty of pressure there eh?  :D

beenthere

Looks like a good stream ta me. 

Dat da mill shed back der in white? 

Ya all packed?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Doeslyr

Either u have a crack in one of the lines, trash in foot valve holding it open or a loose clamp.

Jeff

Or... I put a new well in. 13 years ago by the  looks of the topic date. :)

SwampDonkey

@Jeff I got a chuckle this morning when one of the topics dug up in "suggested topics" was one on "IP ban testing". [That might be how this thread got pulled to the top.] Anyhow, the point of it relates/pertains to the recent topic on DNA testing. The old 2001 "IP ban testing" topic came up. I was thinking, for about 10 seconds, that you need a button where you can get a rap sheet from all the bad actors over the years based on IP address that is linked to DNA test. :D :D

Don't be surprised if all these DNA tests don't morph into something in 10 years, that you then wish you hadn't done one. :D

It's early, and sometimes the little things get a chuckle out of me. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!