iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Find-a-sawyer

Started by Jeff, January 14, 2005, 06:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I have been working on this to try to make it more noticable. For those of you that don't know about it, and need to get yourselves listed, and for the people that want to find you.

I have changed it to make it more international I have added some more country options that I feel represent the forum membership. If someone needs another country added I will be glad to do it.

Question:

Do you find the link at the top right noticable? To much? Not enough?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

I noticed it right off.  

I then looked to see if you added another sponsor and needed the space on the margin.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

GareyD

I think it looks good up there....I've sent people from 3 other forums in the last couple of days here that were looking for a sawmils or /rough cut lumber for barns & corrals...that oughta make it easier for them to find...
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

Fla._Deadheader

It looks good in both places.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

MemphisLogger

Very good placement Jeff!

I expect the calls will be rollin' in now  ;D :D
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Tom

Actually it balances the top of the page as well as being a good place for the link.   I like it.  

I'm in it too. 8)

Furby

WHEW! Tom likes it and thinks it balances things.  8)
I really was waiting to see what ya had to say about it Tom. ::) ;D

Jeff

Well, I was saving that spot for a the million dollar sponsor, but after careful consideration, I thought you guys should probably get it. ;D

til he shows up... ;)

chet

How 'bout a 1/4" lower   ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

I wonder if I can mute another admin? ;D

Tom

Norm

I was gonna say it needed to be a little bigger, the same size as the one on the left and then the header in the middle centered but you know how sensitive some people are so I'm not gonna say anything.  :-X ;D

Norm

Cool! Now if I could just get Patty to listen to me. :D

MULE_MAN

Looks like you done a good job to me, I noticed it first thing
 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

MemphisLogger

Jeff,

I just went and checked out my listing and was surprised by it's SPECTACULAR appearance.

Thank you very much for the time and attention you give to making this the finest forum on the net.

You rock!

:)
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Jeff

For U.S. residents, if you use ZIP+4 to fill in your zip code field, the map (in most cases) will go right to your address, versus the 5 digit code that only goes to your community.

Here is a link to find your ZIP+4 code

http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp

SwampDonkey

I like the placement of the database up top. Looks great and I added my info. But, I tried the mapquest link and I ended up in Nebraska. :-/ I'm not complaining though, as soon as someone clicks my homepage they can click on my location map (yahoo maps). I don't complain do I Jeff? ;) :D

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

Just a word of advice to those of you who have added yourself or plan to.
I was looking at the Find a Sawyer area last night.
When I look at that area I see it as an advertisement for your business.
I came across a couple of "mistakes" and Jeff took care of the ones I pointed out, but I also saw another one after that, and I was only looking in Michigan. ::)

My point is to double check your info, or have it proof read by someone, and make sure your links work. You are advertising your business/self. It's really up to you to make sure things are the way you want them.

Jeff

QuoteI like the placement of the database up top. Looks great and I added my info. But, I tried the mapquest link and I ended up in Nebraska. :-/ I'm not complaining though, as soon as someone clicks my homepage they can click on my location map (yahoo maps). I don't complain do I Jeff? ;) :D

cheers

Its either in the form somewhere, or I mentioned it when I first created this way back when, that only US postal codes work with the mapping thing. If you are canadian, or from some other country, complain to mapquest. I thought I was doing good to make the usa map work.

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

Jeff,

Is the sign in / password not the same as the profile page? I tried to edit my listing but can't log in  :-/

I was able to change passwords on the profile page ???
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

Tom

The sign-in/password are different than the profile page.  The reason is that you don't have to be a member to list in the "Find-a-whatever."   :)

Tobacco Plug

I tried to edit mine and coldn't get past the password.  I must have forgotten it.  How do I take care of this problem? ???
How's everybody doing out in cyberspace?

OneWithWood

Jeff,
I like it.  I noticed you have been busy.  I like the changes you made to the entrance page too.
I will add myself to the find-a-sawyer as soon as I get the barn and kiln done.  Hopefully before summer. . .
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

SwampDonkey

Jeff:

I too like the new look, looks real good big guy. The drop down works great also.  The new style Find a Forester-Sawyer is a plus. 8)

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

QuoteI tried to edit mine and coldn't get past the password.  I must have forgotten it.  How do I take care of this problem? ???

By checking your intant messages. :)

Thank You Sponsors!