iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking to get info and some knolage on c4 tree farmers.

Started by logman81, October 17, 2017, 05:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

Precision Firewood & Logging

lopet

Make sure you get that rats nest cleaned out in the belly pan.  :o
Pretty straight forward looking skidder, good luck with it.  :)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

logman81

bushmechanic

Ooooooh I see you have the pic problem figured out! That's a good looking machine for the year of it. I guess the G in the model number stands for gas :D I see the cable is still hooked up to that valve is it up in the dash or gone? I think the rear looks longer than normal because the winch is mounted so far ahead on the rear frame. Are the floor boards still in it? If you don't mind I'd like to see a pic of them as on both my Farmer's they are missing and I'd like to make some new ones.

Puffergas

Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

logman81

Your welcome. Its not a standard c4 its a long frame one btw only one ive seen.

logman81

Well guys after putting on a new tank and filter and figuring how to start it, operator error also. I brought it outside to power wash it after i had flipped the lever and yup sure enough that made a huge difference!

logman81

Now on to getting the brakes to work tomorrow. Hopefully i wont need any parts other than the shoes. Does anyone know where i can get them?

logman81

logman81

teakwood

They sure always look like total different machines after being pressure washed!  :D

Nice!
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

47sawdust

Good on you logman.I hope you and that skidder work well together.Doesn't look like it's been hacked on.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

logman81

logman81

No it hasnt been be cobbled together at all one of nicest old skidders ive seen and owned.

OntarioAl

Nice find
That  machine has not been abused with a paint job it would look like it just came off the assembly line, which incidentally was located 25 miles from where I reside.
Cheers
Al
Al Raman

logman81

logman81

logman81

Puffergas

Logman81, you are a lucky man! Now that is some nice iron.   ;D
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

logman81

Thank you im very eager to get it finished and back to moving wood!

logman81

Put a new seat on it today, welded a new tab on to keep one of the side engine covers on. Started to take apart the winch and i think i figure out how to get it to free spool.

logman81

bushmechanic

There should be a nut that you can adjust on the shaft that the snap clutch is attached to. You need to back it off for more freeplay.

It's the one right next to the pressure plate with the three arms on it. Wait you would have to unscrew it to get the disc's out, have you taken the disc's out and cleaned them up? If it's not free spooling then I would say our friction disc's and plates are dirty and rusty you need to take them out and clean them up. I did mine last summer and the difference is unbelieveable, release the clutch and the chockers hit the ground and you can run with the cable. I'm not sure if the Braden is the same as mine but it should be close.

logman81

Thanks i was able to tap on the nut a little and it free spools now. I didn't bother to take the clutch out cause i couldn't get the nut off. I think i should be ok now but ill know for sure once i try it.

logman81

Took the old girl out of the shop for the first time to test out the functions and push up a firewood pile. Seems all that is left to do is replace a steering cylinder bushing and put new service brake system in.

Thank You Sponsors!