iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lyles junkyard trivia

Started by lyle niemi, May 04, 2012, 08:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

Im feeling alot better now so I had to get the welder going. I building this contraption for the mill, can ya guess what it is for????lol

snowshoveler

Pretty safe bet that it is involved in wood handeling.
Looks like it will tip to one side or the other, when finished.
Regards Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

dblair

no , why don't you show us . pictures Lyle pictures .
old Appomattox Iron Works circle mill.

bandmiller2

Lyle,your probibly the most prolific rascal we've got here, and your showing us this stuff real time.As shoveler says it looks like a tilting sorting table. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Al_Smith

Wow with the amount of projects in the works poor old Lyle must be at it 7 and 24 .Makes me tired just reading about them . :D

lyle niemi

Quote from: bandmiller2 on May 05, 2012, 08:36:07 AM
Lyle,your probibly the most prolific rascal we've got here, and your showing us this stuff real time.As shoveler says it looks like a tilting sorting table. Frank C.
Yep, Chris is right. Im going to put it at the end of my conveyor and have it tilt both ways. One way will be for slabs and the other way will be for second cuts, I will be putting a teflon top on it so hopefully things will slide easy. I dont know if it will work but I got to try some thing. I find the building of these contraptions is the easy part, trying to figure out how to build it is the hard part. It gets hard on my little marble I have between me ears...lol

hackberry jake

Ur a cleaver fella. I need to get around to engineering some grunt work out of my operation as well.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Ron Wenrich

We have a tilting table.  Sheet metal works fine.  If it ain't slippy enough, wax it.  The teflon will probably wear off pretty quickly.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

lyle niemi

I got the welding done and sat iin place, I stole a hyd ram off one of my farm implements..lol I hooked the tractor to it and it seems to work well. I just have to put the top on it now and run the hyd lines to it.

JohnM

Quote from: Al_Smith on May 05, 2012, 08:37:22 AM
Wow with the amount of projects in the works poor old Lyle must be at it 7 and 24 .Makes me tired just reading about them . :D
I'm glad I'm not the only one.   smiley_sleeping  Nice work, Lyle.

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Al_Smith

Well look at it like this .Unless somebody steals it you'll always know where that hydraulic cylinder is .If you need it just unpin it and put it back on the implement . I mean it's not like you can run the mill and till ground at the same time any way .

5quarter

Al...don't give him any more ideas... ;) :D
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

lyle niemi

Quote from: Ron Wenrich on May 05, 2012, 12:21:44 PM
We have a tilting table.  Sheet metal works fine.  If it ain't slippy enough, wax it.  The teflon will probably wear off pretty quickly.
Hi Ron, the table I built, is it simular to yours ? can you see any changes I might have to make?
I was thinking, at the end of my conveyor I might have to make a roller with grips that runs at a higher speed to help push the slabs on to the table.I will know more once I try it out.
I also plan on making another conveyor system on each side of the table, (at an incline ) to pile the slabs a little higher. I might have to find another combine for more parts...lol

lyle niemi

needed to start to build the lumber diverter so off to the bone yard I go. I found some flat iron, pipe and a ram. I got things just tacked together right nowand it seems to work. If ya give me the thumbs up I will glue it all together with some 7018...lol

beenthere

Lookin good from where I set.  :) :) 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Al_Smith

:D Lyle has more cylinders than Carters' has little pills it seems .

Thank You Sponsors!