iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Garrett 10 restoration/ high end hyd. cylinders

Started by redlaker1, March 05, 2012, 10:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redlaker1

Have been restoring an old Garrett I got last year,   and now I am at the stage of getting all the hydraulics functioning.     The old cylinders didnt have any chrome left on the rods and they were leaking bad,  so I decided to get new ones.    I picked up a couple from a hydraulic supplier  "SC"  and they are the threaded end ones and looked pretty good.   went to install them,  and one side of the blade lift   the eyes werent exactly aligned,  so I pushed the cyl over a bit to try and line it up,  and SNAP   broke one side eye off on the barrel end of the cyl,   so I pulled it back,   and snapped off the other side.   its some of that high quality white metal.     luckily I had the old cyl there so I sawed off the eye off that one,   and glued it on the new one.     the one from the old one was actually made of steel   and probably in north america. 

I guess you get what you pay for

and one a pic or two of the joystick valve I added so I can have another circuit and float function on the blade lift

hope to have this baby out of the garage this week,  looking forward to it

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

mad murdock

Looking nice Redlaker 8) where is the fuel tank on that machine? I don't see it in its customary location(under the seat).
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

redlaker1

the fuel tank goes right over top the engine,  its not installed right now,  but if you look in the background in the last couple pics  you can see it sitting up on my kindling rack.

I have run into a few snags along the way,  but have found parts and made things work.     I started painting the machine,  old cat yellow,    and when I ran out of paint I went to the local hardware store and was told that they dont make that paint anymore....    hmm  would have been nice if you told me that when I bought the first can..   oh well.     I have a friend looking for more for me

oh and on this machine,   the battery goes under the seat.   my fancy seat that I stole from my boat

mad murdock

Moeller paint co. Makes cat yellow in a rattle can that wears like iron and sticks real good. I don't know your area for where to find it, but most big marine suppliers should have a line on it.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

rick f

NAPA can mix " Old cat yellow". Jordon/Milton in brewer maine was selling old cat yellow for about 35.00/gal last year.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

redlaker1

got some paint coming from america...     they have everything down there!!

shes gonna be a sharp lookin unit when I get her painted

Thank You Sponsors!