iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kasco Blades

Started by homesteader1972, June 24, 2015, 06:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homesteader1972

Hello All,
To those who are running Kasco blades, how are they doing for you? I have thought about trying them the next time I need to order more. How are they at the weld? Are any of you resharpening your own? Are they close to WM profile?
Thanks much
Woodmizer LT40HD20G

warina drive

I have been using them for over a year and have them resharped 3 times and they are the beat by far.
Zero complaints

fishfighter

So, what's the price per blade?

BCsaw

Fantastic! ;D ;D

Zero issues. Best cut out of the box for the blades that I have used.

Resharps have performed good also.
Inspiration is the ability to "feel" what thousands of others can't!
Homebuilt Band Sawmill, Kioti 2510 Loader Backhoe

Ga Mtn Man

I've been using them for over a year now and I've been very happy with them.  None have broken at the weld.  Go to their website for pricing.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

hackberry jake

I got a couple free blades to try out, and after about 2 hours of cutting, I went inside and ordered a 15 pack. I love them. Get a hold of Derek at Kasco. If you want his email and phone number just send me a pm and I will send it to you.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Dave H.

my current blades are kasco 10deg.having really good luck.cant beat the price.havent sent any off to be resharpened(mostly because alot tried to cut metal without me knowing,lol)

beenthere

And Kasco is a sponsor of the Forum. See the left column of sponsors for contact too.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

justallan1

I use them and really like them, plus they are priced great.

xlogger

I order 3 boxes of 15 blades (45) and got free shipping. Should be good on blades for awhile.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

fishfighter

I email them for a quote. Just waiting on them to contact me back. I'm in need of blades now. Down to my last one.

homesteader1972

Are you all resharpening your own, or do they offer a resharp service? Is the profile close to WM. I've been using WM blades and sharpening my own, wondering if what I have will work on Kasco blades.

Thanks for the input!
Woodmizer LT40HD20G

drobertson

Not sure about the profile matching up exactly the same, but the Kasco bands work just like everyone has described, and they sharpen quite well, all around pretty hard blade to beat in my opinion, price and performance.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

xulgiy

Jake and Allen,

Which Kasco baldes are you running on your EZs?    I have been slicing with Timberwolf .029 set .045 for two years now on pine and a few hardwood logs (not fun) and I would'nt mind trying something different.

justallan1

I'm using 1¼x.042,  10 degree and 7/8 gullet. I don't know what the set is on them, but it sure seems like it's way less than the Timberwolf.
There is rumor that the EZ Jr, will pull itself into the log due to the angle of how the blade rides. I haven't noticed it on pine or box elder, but was sawing some apple for someone and with these blades it will.

xulgiy

Yeah...that was the not fun part on my last post...with beech wood the saw will pull from my hand and take off down the log and almost stall out!  I have to hold it back, and the boards get full of teeth marks.  I'm going to try 7 degree on my next load of beech.

justallan1

My plan is to get a few blades of different angles to have on hand just for the hard stuff because I can surely see where it could be a problem. I saw pretty much only pine, juniper and box elder burls and the 10s work great.

fishfighter

Just got off the phone with them. $13.50 per blade. Order a box of 15 with a 7 drg angle. Going to take about two weeks to get them. None for my size.

Stephen1

That is quite a good price. I know it will a bit more in the north here, but that is almost a disposable price compared to what I am paying now.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

hackberry jake

Quote from: xulgiy on June 25, 2015, 08:52:50 AM
Jake and Allen,

Which Kasco baldes are you running on your EZs?    I have been slicing with Timberwolf .029 set .045 for two years now on pine and a few hardwood logs (not fun) and I would'nt mind trying something different.
I am using the same as Alan. I'm not sure of the set either. I get my new blades at 10 degrees and my sharpener is set somewhere around 8 degrees. I use new blades for pine and cedar and resharps for hardwood.

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

justallan1

Jake, do the 8s pull your carriage into your hardwood logs much? The 10s were pulling my carriage into an apple log quite a bit.

hackberry jake

Not as bad, I used to notice it the most when I was edging boards. It seems like the wider the cut, the less it tries to pull. I added some weight to my carriage (3' I-beam, 20 hp v-twin, 8 gallon fuel tank, and a battery). Now that my carriage is heavier I don't really notice it pulling at all.

justallan1

Cool thanks.
Now if a guy could regulate how much "grab" it has and raise the tail end a couple inches he'd have auto feed and auto return. :D

gmmills

homesteader

The Kasco blade profiles in 10  deg and 7 deg are almost an exact clone to WM 10/30 and 7/34 profiles in 7/8 tooth spacing. There should be very little issues in sharpening the Kasco blades. The 4 deg Kasco blades are a completely different tooth profile from the WM 4/32 profile. As far as I know, no cam or full profile CBN wheel to match the Kasco 4 deg profile.
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

Cutting Edge

Quote from: gmmills on June 28, 2015, 10:49:56 PM

The Kasco blade profiles in 10  deg and 7 deg are almost an exact clone to WM 10/30 and 7/34 profiles in 7/8 tooth spacing. There should be very little issues in sharpening the Kasco blades.

x2

Quote from: gmmills on June 28, 2015, 10:49:56 PM

As far as I know, no cam or full profile CBN wheel to match the Kasco 4 deg profile.

A cam for a 10/30 blade profile ( or similiar ) works great.  The Kasco 4 deg. shares the 10 deg. profile, just a different hook angle.  Just adjust the head angle to 4 degrees and dress the stone accordingly. 

No full profile CBN wheel avaiable... yet.

EDIT:  As of Oct. 2015  Rixsaws has a CBN wheel for the Kasco 4 degree blades

"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

Thank You Sponsors!