iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kim's 300th Post!

Started by RavioliKid, March 26, 2002, 07:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RavioliKid

Oh, we've got time! I don't have to be back at work until Monday of next week.

I don't quite know what his problem is. It does get frustrating being a woman fully growed (ie over 40 :D) and not able to decide when the car stops!

Good thing I love my father - otherwise I might have to slap him!

RavioliKid

CHARLIE

Box Springs, Georgia?  Sounds like a bedroom community to me!   :D :D :D :D ??? ???.  
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bud Man

Yep  I've been to Michigan, in the summer only, except one time about 25 years ago in the winter. :'(  I was around the Detroit area and the temp was about 0 (not sure if it was  farenheit or centigrade), wind was blowing about 40 mph.and I got a flat and as luck would have it the spare was flat also. :-/  I picked the worst of the two put it back on the " KA " and drove about 30 miles to a truck stop or I would have froze to death. :o  Got tire fixed and have never returned in the winter and their's a second verse " I doubt I ever will "  ;) Even the Michiganders that have enough sense, leave and seek out The Sunny South each year after Thanksgiving.  It seems after Thanksgiving they come to their senses and migrate South with the ducks and geese, Giving Thanks there's a South to go to. 8)  Michigan has a beautiful Spring, Summer, Fall for about four months and then eight  more months of  winter. :o  Have fished many, many  times , mostly in Canada , always in June, July or August but you know what they say  "There's No Place Like Home, Even If It Is Michigan"   As far as appreciating the Spring Well....... after 7 or 8 months of winter it must be like the Pilgrims seeing the return of a ship from across the sea's in 1493  8)  
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

timberbeast

Rav,  I've enjoyed every word that you've written!!!  Congrats,  and don't ever go away!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Where the heck is my axe???

RavioliKid

Tom,

We saw the cyclorama and it was fantastic! Thanks so much for recommending it! Dad and I both enjoyed it!

We saw the papermaking museum, and that was great, too.

Then, we were going to the Martin Luther King Jr. house. Our tickets were for 3:00, but we got there around 2:15. Dad was a bit tired from all the walking, so he stayed in the van while I went over to see the gravesite. Imagine my surprise when I walked in on a memorial service, with the whole King family and the Rev. Al Sharpton leading a prayer! It's so surprising when you just happen upon people you've been seeing in the news for years. Amazing!

And, Timberbeast, you sweetie! I'm not going anywhere!

;D
RavioliKid

Thank You Sponsors!