iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

more photo posting questions

Started by petefrom bearswamp, October 01, 2018, 04:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

I have now got my photos from my phone onto my chrome book
It happens automatically by some kind of computer magic.
But I cant seem to find them when it asks me to browse files.
They are in google photos.
Any help from the forumites?
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

lxskllr

Are you sure they're actually on your machine? It could be some kind of "cloud" storage that gives the illusion of being on your computer. I don't have a chromebook, but I'd poke around and figure out where the pictures reside. You may have to download them to upload using the forum software.

petefrom bearswamp

I think U are correct.
I fiddled around and got them downloaded to my machine but probably will have to do it several times before I remember the process.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

mike_belben

You may find it easier to put them direct into the gallery from your phone.  On either device you will need to go to the forestry forum gallery, i think the link is on the top left.  I saved a shortcut to my phone desktop so i dont know for sure.  

Anyway up top click 'upload files' then select the folder you want them to go into (i only have one folder, cant figure out how to make more) and then browse to find the files.  When you find them click to put a checkmark..  Then press done and itll start uploading.
Praise The Lord

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

petefrom bearswamp

They are in my gallery but I still cant get them into a post except one at a time in separate posts by going to gallery and using the alternate method.
What the bleep am I doing wrong.
If i go from the link in the reply post, click on my gallery stuff and search files it takes me to a place on  my chromebook and no photos that I want to use.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

lxskllr

I don't like the official method of adding pictures. I always get stray bits of bbcode, and it's a little clunky. It's easier for me to right click the image in my gallery, pick copy image location from the context menu, then insert it in a post with img tags. format would be
[img]Image_URL_Goes_Here[/img]

Thank You Sponsors!