iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What'd you do yesterday?

Started by Nate Surveyor, February 03, 2007, 12:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate Surveyor

Slept in. Did not get moving 'til 7:30. Read to the kids. Have a cold or flu or somthin.

Got moving, and milled one pine log on the mill. Left part of it unmilled, came inside to warm up. Guy comming at 10:00 to get his ash log milled. It is about a 16" one. He heeds a fireplace mantle. He is late. 10:40 he shows. It is a Peterson 9" mill.

I finish the pine log, while he watches. (I felt he needed to see what possibilities we had).

Then load his ash log.

Well, I messed it up a little, as it was my first log to double cut. This means using a circle saw to cut from both sides, to make a beam 4" x 16". He wound up with some 4" x 9" beams.
OK, I have to adjust the slots in the log bunkers. O well. He is real happy. He is a survey client. He has more ash logs. We can do another.
Gotta go keep a survey commitment. Meet client at 1:00. I was late by 22 minutes. I called his wife and let her know.

I did the little survey job and was done at 6:00 last night. Driving the 4-wheeler furiously. I'll have to have it done by 1:00 Monday. I can do it.

Hit an owl on the way home. Stunned it. I thought we killed it. But, we brought it home, and have it in a cage, in the house, to heal from it's injuries. Looks like a broken, or sprained right wing. Dunno. It appears to be a young one. Probably hatched last spring. Kids all have colds, or the flu. Wife too.

Milked cow. She was glad to see me. Even if I was late milking.

It is colder than a 454 chevy engine in Nebraska, at 4:00 am, without any gas.

Happy Weekend to all!

Nate
I know less than I used to.

Dan_Shade

ugh, sounds fun.  might want to do some research on the DNR laws in your state, you need s special liscense to rehabilitate some birds of prey, not sure where the owl fits in. Don't want to see you get in any "trouble", and you know how those ecowackos can be with their swollen heads and sense of self importance...

:)

I hope you can save the owl, they're cool creatures.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

brdmkr

Nate,

Sounds like you've been busy when you might ought to be resting.  I hope you get to feeling better.  Dan is right about the hawk and the law.  Of course most conservation officers are reasonable about such things.  Hopefully, he'll have a full recovery. 

Take care.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Corley5

You really should take that bird to a licensed rehab place.  It'd be best for the bird and you  ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Nate Surveyor

Game warden is comming bet 6 and 7 tomorrow, and taking it to a bird rehab center.

Nothing like nyquil! 8)

Nate
I know less than I used to.

Ed_K

Sat here last night nice and warm reading logging threads  :) . Got a call from the town road boss, "you can come in and plow some snow" :o . Plowed from 9pm to 4am this morning. Now I feel tired and I got your cold Nate  :( .
Ed K

JimBuis

Celebrated my 50th birthday with good friends over good food. 8) ;D :)  Had a wonderful time.  A teenage girl in the group tried out a new idiom on me that she just learned in her English class, "Over the hill". ;D  Yeah that's me.  Since I've crested the peak in that hill and am on my way down the other side, it is all downhill so I can coast.  Man I just love it. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Mr Mom

I cant remember??

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

asy

Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Thank You Sponsors!