iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Barco 450 heel boom log loader

Started by Stuart Caruk, April 03, 2015, 03:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart Caruk

Anyone know the rough value of a decent condition Barco 450 Heel Boom log loader with a live heel and powered rotator in reasonable shape? Are parts available, and if so from where?

My guess is this machine weighs around 72,000 pounds but I'm curious if it would load a full length Doug Fir log.

I've never run a loader, but have plenty of time on large cats, and excavators. I'm simply looking for an easy way to deal with larger logs, mostly unloading them from a truck to run through my mill. IS there an advantage to this or another style loader like a knuckle boom loader?

Thanks for the insite.

Stu
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

treeslayer2003

i saw this last night on another forum, it looks like an ok deal if the turn table is good and tight. i have a later model 275 trailer mount, it is strong enough to upset itself at idle.
i have lately been loading 40-50' poplar in the 6-8 per load range.

Gearbox

If you are talking 32 ft it should up to a point . may have to do one end at a time if you get a 3 log load . Gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Thank You Sponsors!