iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How long till......................

Started by Woodhauler, December 14, 2012, 10:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

This flu bug leaves my body???????????????  Been with me since sunday! really putting a hurting on my wood hauling. >:(
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Chuck White

WH, I'd say you should be almost through it!

Usually lasts about 5-8 days if you're resting and doing what the doc says!

I think the most important thing is to drink lots of water, "stay hydrated"!

Man, I feel for you, the last time I had the flu, was probably about 10 years ago, I didn't get the flu shot and therefore I got the flu!

Hope you're feeling better soon!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

PatD has been down for 3 days  and I got into trouble for sawing yesterday.

I am not a good nurse, cook, housekeeper, or much else it seems.    :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

Quote from: Magicman on December 14, 2012, 11:36:12 AM

Sorry to hear PatD is on the sick list.
MM, I know exactly where you are coming from. Been there, done that, still doing that. Playing nurse to a sick spouse ain't for sissies..At least my mill and logs are in my back yard, so I can sneak out and saw a bit  ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Paul_H

I was sick with the flu a couple weeks ago where evrything ached even my skin hurt.Headache and sore throat.
Had to fight the urge to lay down at the shop and to try not to be crabby to the customers.Sunday was a relief to be able to sleep most of the day.
The upside is the energy you get when the bug is gone. 8)

Piney,you're a good man.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

thurlow

Granny Moses (Jed's mother-in-law) had a sure-fire cure for the common cold and it'll also work for the flu;  eat lots of chicken soup and in 10 days or so, you'll be well................ 8)
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

sandhills

Quote from: Magicman on December 14, 2012, 11:36:12 AM

Magic I'm sorry to hear this too, my wife is a nurse and she makes a TERRIBLE patient when she's not feeling good (she admits it also), I lack in skills in all above stated, I feel your pain.
Woodhauler I hope you're on the down hill side and get to feeling better soon, it's miserable feeling miserable.

drobertson

Sorry to hear about this from all you guys!  Really, sick is sick and it stinks,  but I have to comment, no names mentioned, there are a few of you boys that I am quite sure can whip up some good eat'n, in fact real sure it would be top shelf,  I might suggest open the back door, open the kitchen window and let the wind blow in, just to bring back some memories of camp.  You might even have to break out some of the primo cuts you have stashed away just for this occasion.  I hope your better halves get back to speed soon,  and I have to say chicken soup coupled with some grits would be a good thing,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

Woodhauler,that is not a good thing to have.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Paul_H

Like Thurlow says,twill pass in 10 days.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Woodhauler

Well i tried the crown royal treatment last nite, atleast i knew why i didn't feel good this morning!!!   ;D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

sawguy21

Karen is feeling like she got hit by a truck too, absolutely no energy. Rest and lots  of fluid seems the only cure, just have to ride it out. It has missed me for the moment.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

PatD seems to be better today.  She is much easier to nurse when she ain't so sick.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!