iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thee Homestead Life & build

Started by Sedgehammer, June 07, 2020, 02:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

If you like tomato beer, try the zing zang bloody Mary mix in your ultra.  the last bit will get peppery.  I took some to Jake's and the southern folks looked at me like I had grits on my face.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Sedgehammer

Quote from: doc henderson on August 08, 2020, 08:03:12 AM
If you like tomato beer, try the zing zang bloody Mary mix in your ultra.  the last bit will get peppery.  I took some to Jake's and the southern folks looked at me like I had grits on my face.
You had mentioned that before I think. I'll maybe try it, why not. I know besides tasting like tomato in a beer, any other comparisons 🤔
How much do you put with a 🍺 🤔
Necessity is the engine of drive

doc henderson

depends on if you like tomato beer.  just spicier.  more pepper than anything.  maybe a 12 oz. beer filled to 16 ounces in a glass.  adds some zing to micky ultra, but do not bother if you are not a tomato fan.  cheers  smiley_beertoast
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Sedgehammer

Snakes n berries

Mother in law saw him sticking his head out from underneath the freezer. I had to do an emergency extraction and he'll go to the relocation program......

Berries, eggs for crepes, naughty cream all home raised.  Prolly my most favorite breakfast. 3 of them were very delicious.....🤤

Sedgehammer

me bride all ppe'd for a potential nCov patient.  

mike_belben

To heck with that, id rather remove snakes!
Praise The Lord

gspren

I am very glad and appreciative of people like your wife working in health care but like Mike I'd rather remove snakes.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

thecfarm

I had a nurse call it her bunny suit. I had them all decked out when they was checking me out.   :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

samandothers

Yes very appreciative of health care workers and others that must in harm's way to care for folk.

The snake is helping keep destructive critters at bay.

Dangerous_Dan

First you make it work, then you trick it out!

Walnut Beast

Old Greenhorn

Is that a hot tub, cold tub, or is there a ticked off horse just out of the frame? ;D :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

samandothers

Dangerous Dan,
What River is that?  
What is the water volume size of your 'soaking tub'? 

You need to find some wood and make a small table to hook over the edge to rest your refreshment on!

BTW, don't over imbibe and get out of the tub near that edge.  Looks like a misstep could be a doozy of a problem!

Banjo picker

Hey sledge, if you are going to go down the IPA path, here is one to start on.

The green one lil ipa voodoo doll....not a lot of a pop to it but it's ok.  I like the blackened voodoo, but the only way to get them is in an assortment 12 pack.  Dixie voodoo assortment.  If you like raspberry the red one one is good.  The distributor is out of the voodoo ranger here.....bummer.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

thecfarm

Dan, a very nice view is correct!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sedgehammer

Beautiful evening this evening. 80°. No wind. Nice out.

Sedgehammer

Here's me conversion. Can't remember if I've ever seen a dump trailer with a dove tail. It was a 7' tall sided 20' long dump trailer. Sides at the bottom were rotted out, so had to cut the bottom 8" out. I also added uprights in-between for hauling dirt and rock. *' C-channel on the top. New floor over the dove tail. AR 400 on the floor and sides. Will add a dump truck style tailgate/barn door combo at some point. Was a lot of push/pulling with the push/pull hydraulic 10 ton come along to get the sides straight. I built some heavy duty ramps, as our skid is about 11,000 lbs. Have built in storage also.

farmfromkansas

Glad to see you are feeling better.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Nebraska

Sedgehammer

Quote from: farmfromkansas on February 07, 2021, 07:05:23 PM
Glad to see you are feeling better.
Thanks!
I had eye surgery in January. They stopped everything moving on me if I was driving, that's why I couldn't rely drive. I still get nauseous though if I drive for more than 20 minutes. 
My back feels better, but now my right shoulder is messed up. Going to physical therapy 3x a week. No improvement yet. 

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Nebraska on February 07, 2021, 07:56:12 PM
Looks like you've been busy.
Yeah, this summer and fall. It wasn't a fast conversion to say the least.... :o
It did haul 40+ loads of top soil for the back pasture though. 

Walnut Beast

Looks like you have a pretty good trailer project going on 👍

aigheadish

I'm just catching up to this thread and man, you've got some beautiful stuff going on there at the homestead! I hope you are healing up well! I'd love to see pond building info, if you've got it. I've got a very small pond that I'm looking to slowly turn into a swimming hole so I'd like to see how yours went, it looks lovely, though I'm positive my budget is significantly less than yours...

I'm another on the IPA train, that Voodoo Ranger that you saved for last several months ago I found tastes way better from a can in a frosty mug, but I'm typically a Lagunitas Hop Stoopid fan, if I can find it, as my tasty premium beer, then Rolling Rock, thanks to my wife, for my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc... I did drink the crap out of a 6 pack of Goose Island IPA a few days ago.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Walnut Beast on February 07, 2021, 10:48:13 PM
Looks like you have a pretty good trailer project going on 👍
Thanks! It's slowed down, as I prolly won't get to the doors until i need to spread some millings back on my road.

@aigheadish this next 2 weeks looks cold, i'll try in post some. Have to find them first.

mike_belben

Nice work, never have seen a dump beavertail.  

Did you have to rebuild the pivot down lower on the mainframe?
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!