iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thee Homestead Life & build

Started by Sedgehammer, June 07, 2020, 02:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sedgehammer

Fresh homemade oatmeal raisin cookies + fresh ice cold home raised milk = a lil'bit heaven

And yes, pink is my favorite color......;D
Necessity is the engine of drive

Sedgehammer

Which one should I imbibe first.......🤔
I know canned beer is almost a sin, but the 2 on the right were a donation to my cause. The one that @Raider Bill and some others were recommending was also only available in cans, so i know this won't be an honest test, but it will be depleted none the less.....

btulloh

No way to know that until you've finished all three. Then you can start over in the correct order. 
HM126

Sedgehammer

Update on arm. Arm feels good. Ring finger is stiff. Kinda sore. Little bit numb. Skin is all rough on the hand where it was swollen. 

samandothers

Sounds like healing is going good.  The nerves take time to heal, like 6 months to year.   

If you like Ultra, which I do drink it at times too, the Voo Doo Ranger will be quite a change!  I do enjoy IPA's and the hoppy flavor.

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Bruno of NH

Beer in cans is the in thing now.
Heady topper only comes in cans.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Bruno of NH on August 04, 2020, 02:45:47 PM
Beer in cans is the in thing now.
Heady topper only comes in cans.
It may be, but beer for me anyways tastes better in a bottle. But i'll have one tonight I think of the 3, so we'll see.

Sedgehammer

Poured the outside apron today. Estimated 6.2 yards. I think we came pretty close on how much we mixed based on what's left....... thumbs-up

btulloh

For some reason, I'm just amazed and fascinated by that method of mixing concrete.  Never seen it before it showed up in this thread.

Looks good.
HM126

Sedgehammer

Quote from: btulloh on August 04, 2020, 05:47:15 PM
For some reason, I'm just amazed and fascinated by that method of mixing concrete.  Never seen it before it showed up in this thread.

Looks good.
Thanks!
It's pretty easy really. 
Lay down your rock 
Half of your portland
Your sand 
Rest of your portland
Mix well
Spread it out
Water it all over to just before the water runs off of the pile
Mix well
Repeat until you get the slump you want.

Sedgehammer

Kinda a nice pic of the entrance where we poured the crete. Those gas 
lights actually flicker. 

Sedgehammer

What do you do at 2 am when back pain keeps you awake........

Sedgehammer

And the winner is........

I don't know how anyone could drink that stuff on the right. I'm not even sure it's beer. As far as I know, it could be battery acid. Ick. Ick. Ick.

Sedgehammer

Today's accomplishments....
Final job mixing our own crete with the bob.
Now to get started on getting ready for barn. 

Sedgehammer

Tonight's beer fest. Can I drink the challenger......🤔

I was actually able to finish this beer.  I can't say I like it better, but I can say I could drink it again.  It's more bitter then I prefer, but over all not so bad. 

Walnut Beast

Seems like these guys are converting you to the IPAs and other exotic beers 😂

doc henderson

Careful Sedge, looks like you are headed down the double IPA path.  it is an acquired taste.  I even get a hopps candy.  non alcoholic, but bitter hop flavor.  sometimes I eat it while I drink an IPA
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

samandothers

Quote from: doc henderson on August 07, 2020, 09:16:54 AM
Careful Sedge, looks like you are headed down the double IPA path.  it is an acquired taste.  I even get a hopps candy.  non alcoholic, but bitter hop flavor.  sometimes I eat it while I drink an IPA
Did not know such a thing existed.  Where did you find the candy?

Sedgehammer

Quote from: doc henderson on August 07, 2020, 09:16:54 AM
Careful Sedge, looks like you are headed down the double IPA path.  it is an acquired taste.  I even get a hopps candy.  non alcoholic, but bitter hop flavor.  sometimes I eat it while I drink an IPA
Yeah, it's a different taste to be sure. I don't really care what the name is of the beer, just that I like it. So, if I find an IPA that I wood really like, yeah, I'm in. Bitter though just isn't a taste I like.
My wife scolded me though, she said with all my pain meds I shouldn't be drinking that, but since she said 'shouldn't' and she didn't say 'can't', I'll keep on trying different ones......  ;D
Actually it's in itself a type of pain reliever. I know the pain subsides some after a beer. 

doc henderson

If you keep sipping it, a year or two from now you might like it.  not that it is a goal or anything.  kinda like coffee.  I drink mine stronger after 50 years of acclimation.  I think it is "more beer" or one of the brew supply stores.  I will check.  called more hoppy candy.  it is where we get the kits for Pliny the Elder.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Sedgehammer

Well boys, my hat is off to those of you that like the voodoo ranger. I know last night's beer was a new belgium and it also said voodoo ranger, but a yellowcan. This one is a green can and I cannot drink this one. So, I'm back to an ultra.
Ice cold of course..... smiley_beertoast

Sedgehammer

Smoked chops. It's what's for dinner tonight...... ;D

farmfromkansas

My son likes that dark beer.  I'll stick to light.  If you want to give it a different flavor, try a drip of lime juice in the beer. 
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Thank You Sponsors!