Main Menu

Sponsors:

Poll: Water

Started by Ron Wenrich, July 09, 2007, 05:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Wenrich

So, what's your preference?  Poll ends:  7/23/07 or thereabouts.   ;)
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Dave Shepard

All of the buildings on our property are supplied by a gravity fed spring. Our water is tested yearly and is very high quality, to the point that I am very spoiled when it comes to drinking water.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

BBTom

My tap water is spring water also,  I have a well, but don't use it unless absolutely necessary.  My water filter stays clean longer on the spring than it does when using the well. 

I too, am spoiled.
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Fla._Deadheader

Spring water here, too.  8) 8) 8)  Right outta the tap.  8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

WDH

I have a deep well.  Water is treated with a resin type water treatment system.  Best tasting water you could hope for.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

flip

Our tap here is not the greatest here so I opt for the Aquafina.  Two reasons: 0 taste, easy to carry where I go.  Paying for bottled water is crazy but I hate having to taste what I drank 10 minutes later. ::)
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

thurlow

"City" water.........direct from the Memphis aquifer; fine, fine, fine.   8)
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

tcsmpsi

Rather interesting timing on the poll.

Guy just left a little bit ago after hand-delivering a "Boil Water Notice" here in town.

Out at the house, we get water from a rural provider who, fairly regularly (to me, anyhow) posts "Boil Water Notice" signs on the roads.

We use 'bottled' water for drinking, tea and coffee making.  We buy gallon jugs of distilled water for such things. 

If it gets bad enough, I'll go to the creek.   ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

SwampDonkey

My well water is about the best you can find. No odor or taste or discoloration. Been tested every so often and no nasties. I'll take it before I'd drink store bought water. There is calcium in it, but that's benign and good for the bones anyway.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ianab

Our town water is pretty good, drawn from a mountain stream up by the National park boundary.

At my old farm we had artesian spring water, a bit of mineral content, but crystal clear and beautiful to drink. It was pumped to 4 surrounding farms and watered about 2,000 head of cattle (it was quite and impressive spring  :) )

As an aside, most bottled water in NZ is either Auckland or Christchurch city tap water. The Christchuch stuff is better, it actually comes from gravel filtered aquifers around the city and is sold as natural spring water - which is true, just its exactly the same as the city tap water.  :D the Auckland stuff is just tap water too, but its just sold as 'bottled water'.

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Dave Shepard

Has anyone seen Penn and Tellers Bull**** episode on water? It's hilarious.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Daren

I have city water and drink out of the tap all day. It has to be "clean" per state standards, but the water treatment guy gets a little overzealous with the chlorine at times, yuck . The best tasting water is at my Grampa's well, right out of the ground..clean, fresh and cold. It is a good underground sandbed spring. This time of year you can't beat "sun tea",  throw some tea bags in a glass jug with water from the well and let it set in the sun for a few hours. Pour it in a glass of ice and enjoy.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

wmrussel

I drink filtered tap water.  Filling up all those 20 oz water bottles is a pain.  Glad I have a wife!  smiley_thumbsup

I even filter my dogs' & cat's water.
My name is William, but people call me Pete.  Long story......

DanG

I cluck on "out of the tap" because most of the water I drink is at the shop, straight outta the well.  We have a filter on the house inlet, so that would apply part of the time.  My wife let a Rainsoft guy come out one time and his expensive system was unable to beat our simple filter. 8) 8)  The Brita pitcher put him even further behind.  I can't tell the difference in the filtered tap water in the house and the stuff straight from the well, but I can definitely tell if it has been through the Brita.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

limbrat

We have very good municipal water here so we use the tap. A community north of here has very bad water, bad enough that i thought the guy before me forgot to flush.
ben

Tony_T

Another spring fed.  Have a big cistren to collect/let settle and it's quite a bit higher than the house, nice pressure for free ;D, don't matter if electric goes out either :)  

The whole hillside is is full of springs, the one at the bottom of the hill supposedly comes out from 4000 ft down and was used by the Indians before Columbus got here.  They have a spa and a bottling Co.

Was I wrong to post "other"? It is out of the tap sort of.......

WDH

Quote from: tcsmpsi on July 09, 2007, 06:31:07 PM
If it gets bad enough, I'll go to the creek.   ;D

If you go to the creek, say hello to the little yaupon family for me :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dodgy Loner

My favorite is straight outta the garden hose when it's 95 degrees outside and I'm soaked with sweat :).
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Tom

My water is from a 89 foot rock well and run through an aerator to get rid of sulphur and then pumped straight to the house.

sawguy21

I drink tap water and refuse to pay stupid prices for the bottled stuff.  >:( As far as I'm concerned, there is no advantage and I have to recycle the plastic bottle. The best water comes from the mountain springs beside the road.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Gary_C

I have a fairly new well that is down about 160 feet but we have high iron content water. The best water here is from the Jordan Aquifier that comes out of Lake Superior but you have to go down almost a thousand feet for that water. So my wife has Culligan water delivered for drinking water and I buy cheap bottled water for working in the woods.

I was at a dairy auction in Wisconsin a few years ago and the milkhouse had a lot of red iron stains. One other visitor was talking to the owner and asked about the poor water. The owner said "that's why we just drink beer."  :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

IMERC

Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

gary

I thought I would never buy bottled water. Until our city water started tasting like mold. You would drive by the lake where our water comes from and you could smell the moldy water.

sprucebunny

My well water ranges between looking like blood and looking good. I fill 5 gallon containers with town water and drag them home for drinking and cooking.

It can be a bit of a shock to open your eyes in the shower and it looks like blood on the floor  :o and when you towel off, the towel turns red/rust color. Yuck.

Someday, I'll have to pay to have another well drilled. What a rip-off.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Burlkraft

We have to buy water.....got high nitrates in our well...or should I say that high enough that I won't drink it. I pay more for water than I do gas....... >:( >:( >:(
Why not just 1 pain free day?