Main Menu

Sponsors:

Poll: Water

Started by Ron Wenrich, July 09, 2007, 05:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fraxinus

Here in New Hampshire, we have the best water in the world.  Or at least that's what my father always said. 8)
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

speedbump

Well water out of the tap.  I run it through a softener to make laundry better and keep fixtures from turning white.  I also use my air pump system to get rid of the sulphur odor. 

There are almost zero regulations on bottled water.  I'm not saying you ever hear of anyone being poisoned by that over priced stuff that is usually nothing more than tap water. But when is the last time you heard of anyone being poisoned by well water?

I'll stick with well water and leave the chlorine for my swimming pool.

bob...

beenthere

Well, and we don't soften the drinking water or the outside taps, ......but do soften the hot water, and the cold to the toilets, bath, shower and laundry.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SCSawyer

Spring Water, And some times a little something made from spring water ha/ha
Silas S. Roberts , Bluff Mtn. Timber

ARKANSAWYER

I checked other because we have well water.  It is different.  It comes from 600 ft down through solid rock.  It would be what some refer to as hard water.  But it is clear and cold.  Do not drink any bottled water or water from town.  Take it from the house or sawyard or just drink Dr. Pepper.  Every 10 years of so you just throw the hotwater heater away and put in a new one.  Coffee pot will last about 2 years.  Granny has been on well or spring water her whole life and she is just 94.  She said that there were very few times that she had running water till she was 30 when she and Grandpa put in a well when electricty came into the area.  But she said that there were times when she was younger that she would run with the bucket from the spring and have running water.  ;)
ARKANSAWYER

SwampDonkey

Great grand father had a hand pump on this well, then father modernized it in the 60's. We never had toilet though until I was 5 or 6, maybe going on 7. I know when I was eight we remodeled the house. Grandfather's was always on a spring house piped to the house by gravity up 'til 1994 I think when dad drilled a new well down there for my brother. My cousin is still on the same old spring house water. That spring fed a watering trough for the cows all summer until it froze in winter. Non stop.  So there was two houses and a barn yard on the same old spring.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ibseeker

Water in SoCal has probably traveled a couple of hundred miles to get here. I don't really trust it too much.
My wife will only drink bottled water. I use the Brita pitcher for most of what I use. We also use a whole house system that uses an activated charcoal filter.

The absolute best water I've ever had was straight from the tap in Merced, CA....must of been spring fed. It felt as good as it tasted when I took a shower. I've never had anything that came close. Makes me want to go back to Merced and see if it's still true.

I always thought that poor water quality was a CA issue but it seems like if you're getting clear clean good tasting water from a well, then you're one of the few lucky ones, no matter where you live.

Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

Coon

All we drink is natural spring water.  We make a trip out of going for the water as we pass right by one of our favorite fishing holes.  I have been known to drink right from the spring.  The water that comes from the spring is sooooooooo cold that if you're not carefull enough you'll freeze your teeth (atleast it feels so).  I take along with me a 2" collapsable hose to fill jugs usig gravity.  In a matter of about a minute or so a 5 gallon jug is full.  The spring also never freezes up in the winter even with 40 below temperatures. ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

olyman

whole city is soft water--and they use plenty of chlorine!!!!!!!!!!!--so wont drink out of tap--but theres a filter on the fridge--and ice!!!!!!!!!!! and its not half bad--but my dads wellin the country is some mighty fine h2o!!!!!!!!!!