iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Huskys bad rep

Started by Sawyerfortyish, June 23, 2008, 07:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawyerfortyish

Back about 5 months ago the local husky rep came by. I have known him about two years he was a contractor that got tired of the problems of being your own boss a job opening came up for a husky rep and he got it. Anyway about 5 months ago he came by and I showed him my 340 husky.It had a broken clutch spring so he took it and said i'll get this fixed for you. It's now 5 going on six months later with no word about my saw so I call him up. He says did I take your saw! Oh yea you did. He says I don't remember who I gave it to too fix and says I'll get back to you. So 2 weeks go by and I call him again he says he can't find it. He says I'll bring by a new 338 to replace it. I say wait a minuet my 340 had some porting and the exaust opened up because I race it at a couple fairs and this 338 wont even come close to the way 340 ran. I really just want my saw back but it ain't looking to good. In the mean time I hear that this guy has been kicked out of a local Husky dealership because he just doesn't know what he's doing. Every husky saw that goes out comes right back with loose parts and not running right because there not being set up right. So I guess i'm going to have to take whatever I can get out of this Idiot and swap it for what I want. Lesson learned never let your saws outa your sight if you can fix em your self.Kinda P@#ss me off >:(

TexasTimbers

That would probably be enough to negate the effects of my happy medicine. I mean.

I never heard of a scenario with an outside service rep this bad. If I were you I would go higher up. I know you'll be dealing with suits the higher you go, but if you pen the right letter, it might work. I would not just email, I would send snail mail to two different divisions. One here and a cc to the Swedes, with an email heads up.

This is downright unacceptable. This guy sounds like he's on crack or something.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

jokers

Sawyerfortyish

jokers

Blake22

I'd whip his a$$ or he would have to whip mine.
Blake

Sawyerfortyish

I called him again last week about my saw he hasn't returned my call

Frickman

This kind of reminds me of one of my customer's experiences. He bought an old farm tractor, a Case I think, and took it to a guy the in the next town over to get some work done to it. He didn't hear anything, so after a month or so he drives over to check on it. The mechanic claimed he never had the tractor. This tractor was bought for cash with no receipt. There were no photographs of it and the serial number had never been written down. The mechanic never wrote up any paperwork either. My customer thus had no recourse against this mechanic. It was cheaper to just walk away than to pursue it in court.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Ron Scott

A reliable rep. should have insurance to cover the lose of your saw. Contact his service manager and have the Sheriff go over and look for your saw to return it if necessary. I've seen cases where this as rectified similar situations.
~Ron

jokers

Tell him that you`ll take a new 350 in trade, that shouldn`t be any problem for him as long as there are some left in the pipeline. He can just write it off as a demo.

jokers

Quote from: Blake22 on June 30, 2008, 01:09:15 AM
I'd whip his a$$ or he would have to whip mine.
HAHAHAHA! I love that attitude, just hope that we`re never across the table from each other on a deal!  :D

Sawyerfortyish

I would take a 350 in trade but I would have to find another saw to race with. I bought this 340 because it was in the top of the 2.5 ci class and the 350 is out of class.

ely

well now i really do not want to whip anyone, but is the 350 husky any count as far as saws go. i just acquired one this past weekend. it looks to be a tad bit smaller than my 55 and also looks like .325 chain. any thoughts on this.

jokers

Right on both counts Ely, smaller than the 55 and it is .325 chain. get some hours on it and adjust the carb and it should cut pretty good.

jokers

Quote from: Sawyerfortyish on July 01, 2008, 07:03:26 AM
I would take a 350 in trade but I would have to find another saw to race with. I bought this 340 because it was in the top of the 2.5 ci class and the 350 is out of class.
I gotta be honest, I was wondering why in heck you were racing a 340.

ely

oh this saw is certain to have some hours on it. i need to do a few small repairs on it and maintenence also. i may have to appeal to you gurus on here for some guidance at one point or other.
i got it in a trade and it is a used saw so to speak. i would almost say abused.

Sawyerfortyish

Jokers a couple of local fairs have as many as 5 classes of chainsaws

jokers

Quote from: Sawyerfortyish on July 01, 2008, 08:11:45 PM
That`s cool! Takes alot of skill to race a small cube saw well.

What about picking up an older small saw with a removable cylinder, then you could really have it ported.

Al_Smith

It's most likely just a regional thing . Many of the more well known race things only have two classes,below 80 cc and above .

The last little "picnic " race I participated in we ran a top handle class for the bumble bees .Kinda neat . My piped mini Mac won but not by much .

Now there's deal for you .You can buy those little saws for song and ones like it .Hop the little pup up and go to town .If you screw it up you aren't out too much moola

Cut4fun

Quote from: Al_Smith on July 02, 2008, 02:51:54 PM
It's most likely just a regional thing . Many of the more well known race things only have two classes,below 80 cc and above .

The last little "picnic " race I participated in we ran a top handle class for the bumble bees .Kinda neat . My piped mini Mac won but not by much .

Now there's deal for you .You can buy those little saws for song and ones like it .Hop the little pup up and go to town .If you screw it up you aren't out too much moola

I think at Medina event I seen 6 classes once and one of them was 40cc or 38cc and under too. The next year I take me a little poulan for the class and they put them in the 50cc under, so it didnt get ran.
Al, I am thinking about trying to hopped up my poulan 1800 or 2000 to try and run with your piped mini mac or your hopped 020 or 200T you said you were working on. I going with muffler though.
Top Handle racing  at its best :o Those ASz guys would have a fit  wouldnt they  :D because they all say they ain't safe for bucking wood, yet we raced them and didn't cut nothing off  ;D and I used mine for bucking and felling before I new what a top handle saw was. Did what I had to as a unexperienced harry homeowner. ::)

leweee

smiley_monkeyfight  harry homeowner  :D :D :D Cutz ......too funny. :)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Al_Smith

Seriously you can have a lot of fun cranking power out of a little saw and you can make them boogy .

One event in Michagan has a 3 cubic inch class to encourage people to particpate which is kind of neat if you think about it .

Not everybody has 5 grand to build a 'cycle engine hotsaw or 3500 to have a souped up Husky 3120 made for them ,Most people can shell out 50 bucks or less and tweek on a little saw though .For that matter most of those little saws people will give to you so the only thing you are out is your time .

Cut4fun

I was at the Luther MI event ran by Dave Nieger and the Fife Lake  ran by the Helsel's last year and they have the 3ci, 5ci, and open for chainsaws. I went for the 3ci mainly to try it at cold start racing with my 5000 gas saw. I felt pretty good getting in the money both days with a 3 cube gas saw.
I even seen a PP346 45cc get in the money one day on gas 3rd. It is still one of the fasted 346 gas work saws I have seen to date.
If I could only do a saw justice on a cold start it would sure help my times.

Al_Smith

Quote from: Cut4fun on July 03, 2008, 01:53:33 PM

I even seen a PP346 45cc get in the money one day on gas 3rd. It is still one of the fasted 346 gas work saws I have seen to date.

If it's the one I'm thinking about,it is indeed fast . I've yet to figure how they can get such little saws to cut so quick .

I've always called the 80 cc saws the pit bulls and the three cubers ,the Jack Russels .

jokers

I`ve got a "Walkerized"  ;) 346 that everyone, including the owner of that fast 346 thought was fast, now I`ve got one faster and it truly runs on pump gas and any oil, not just Klotz.  ::)

Thank You Sponsors!