iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Huskys, now what??

Started by Coastal Gun, March 26, 2015, 09:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun

Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Coastal Gun.  Your plans are what I always wanted to do.  I have visited Alaska but never came all of the way back home.  Enjoy.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

HolmenTree

That's a great picture :) I wish my 395 had heated handles like yours.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Coastal Gun

Hey Magic Man,  I has taken me almost 28 years to convince my wife to move to Alaska.  I started when we were dating and was persistent.  She finally told me in December that if I still wanted to go, lets do it.  I am buying enough land to build my cabin, pole bard, guest house, both of my daughters homes, and now more family wants to come.  Looks like I might not be retiring after all.  My woodmizer LT40HD G26 will be delivered to Mr. Parker Ritgers at the Woodmizer dealership in Anchorage for me in May this year.  Going in June to finalize the land purchase.  I got tired of working for a living and decided to LIVE.  Liquidating my business and retiring from my hospital day job.  Of course my business is in my blood so I am sure I will be starting back up after I get my home built.

Thanks for all the help with the saws and the welcomes to the forum.

SawTroll

Quote from: Coastal Gun on March 27, 2015, 07:31:03 PM
Yes, it does have the heated handle.

That is as it should be up there (and here). Hopefully the 562 is an xpg as well?

Apart from that, just make sure you read the technical part of the manuals, and do normal maintenance. Keep the chains sharp!   ;D
Information collector.

cbla

LeeB

I bet you won't be having any of those palm trees in your yard up there.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!