iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Been Compromised

Started by D._Frederick, June 20, 2003, 08:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D._Frederick

This evening the phone rang and the person said they were from my credit card company. Said that a person in the Panana republic was using my card/number to purchase $2500 and 10 minute before used it for $3000. I had my card in my pocket.
I wonder how much other of my finanial history they have?

Furby

:o Atleast they caught it before it got out of hand, I mean pocket. :D

Do you keep different cards for different things? I got a small one I use on line and a low rate one for local stuff. When I travel I use different ones for different things, one for gas, one for motels, campsites, permits,ect.. I try to keep things apart so it's easier to tell if something is wrong.
 It looks like you got lucky so far, but watch things close for a while and see what pops up.

chet

A couple years ago someone got hold of my phone card number. In two months time I had bills over $2500.00.   >:(  The card company had notified me same as yours. In my case it cost me no money, but I sure was worried for awhile.  :(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Furby

In most states the law says you are only resposible for the first $50 max. when you report credit card theft. I don't know how yours is.

Thank You Sponsors!