iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hairy birds

Started by ohsoloco, June 13, 2003, 05:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohsoloco

Had to write about this, cuz seeing it just put a nice smile on my face.  But before I get to the point, I'll go a little off topic.  

I really like to reuse a lot of the things around the house to better other things.  All of the grass clippings from the yard either go into the compost tumbler or on the garden as mulch.  The sawdust from the woodshop and the mill go into the compost as well (okay, just some of the sawdust...I make way too much to use  ;)  ).  I just like the fact that the grass and the sawdust, common by products of daily chores or hobbies, go into the garden to give me beautiful fruits and vegetables every year  :)

Okay, now the hairy birds.  I think it was in the book "to kill a mockingbird" where they mention taking hair clippings and casting them into the wind so the birds can take it to line their nests with.   I've done this before, but today was especially neat to see.  About an hour ago I was clipping some of my dogs fur out in the backyard.  Just a few minutes ago I looked out the back door and saw one of the little birds that live in the clothesline pole with a beak-full of golden retriever fur.  All of it was quickly snatched up by the birds to enjoy  in their nests  :)

Kevin

That must be a hairy woodpecker. ;D

shopteacher

Sure sign of  a bad winter to come.  Birds making fur coats.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Furby

It could be a Furby Bird. ::)

Fabiola

About birds, when I was liveng in Canada I was wake up by a Blue Jay in my window. He was stood up on it singing...
I had saw nice birds over here but I folled in love with that bird. And it can explain why I am Toronto Blue Jay now!!!!! ::)
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

Furby

I got all kinds off Blue Jays here, and you can have them all! How many you want? I'll drop them in the mail. :o ;D :D :D :D

Fabiola

A couple woulb be nice!!!!!! :)
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

Furby

I'll have to come up with some way to get them pass the postal inspector! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fabiola

Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

Furby

Air mail! That's a GOOD one!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

DanG your fast I can't keep up. DSL?

Fabiola

:D :D :D :D :D

Again what DSL stand for?
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer