iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

job pic large white oak

Started by Birchwood Logging, March 23, 2014, 08:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

The point of my previous reply was that you can't hide behind the "we do it all the time" line. I grew up, and still live on, a dairy farm. I know all about pushing the limits of safety. Geography does not make it safe.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Peter Drouin

I like that wood , some nice logs ,  8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Kemper

Doesn't look that ove loaded to me. I'd put another on right on the top. 

Quote from: Dave Shepard on March 26, 2014, 09:07:50 PM
The point of my previous reply was that you can't hide behind the "we do it all the time" line. I grew up, and still live on, a dairy farm. I know all about pushing the limits of safety. Geography does not make it safe.

timberjackrob

Quote from: bigred1951 on March 26, 2014, 04:49:22 PM
down here in ky they dont say much to anybody for running them trucks they are very common. So hows the new truck working out for you? whats the plans for the old ford?
yep looks pretty normal to me too I guess it must be a ky thing!
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

mills

Well, did you sell those logs yet?

Birchwood Logging

Yea I kinda got shafted on them though that load brought $3000 at Richard white wood products in Morehead that will be the last load I take him I could have got that out if them here at my local mill for quarter logs
John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

OntarioAl

Birchwood Logging
Alter your business model slightly, send pictures of your high quality treelength  to all the potential buyers in your area. Sell your product on the skidway  with margins for merchandising and delivery. Up here I sold all my quality product on the skidway it was the pulp wood that I would be at the mercy of the mills.
My thoughts
Al
Al Raman

mills

Quote from: Birchwood Logging on March 29, 2014, 12:51:49 PM
Yea I kinda got shafted on them though that load brought $3000 at Richard white wood products in Morehead that will be the last load I take him I could have got that out if them here at my local mill for quarter logs

Yeah, that's what I got into the last time I sold some white oak veneer. I could have made the same selling for stave. The lot I'm working now has a decent amount of white oak, but I doubt that there are but a couple that would make veneer. Based on your experience, they'll all go to the stave mill. Thank you,
David

Thank You Sponsors!