iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Road trip!

Started by zopi, May 24, 2008, 11:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

Wifey and I ditched the kids with some friends yesterday about noon...and fired up the dodge...drove from Smithfield, Va. to Williamsport OH and back..just rolled in the door a few minutes ago...we got there last night and got a room, got up this morning and got lousy directions form the motel clerk..must be a reason he is the night clerk..we wound up 15 miles out of the way, and had just about the best diner breakfast I have ever had at Ben and Joys in Sterling Point OH...then while trying to get unlost, we covered a bunch of absolutely gorgeous farmland, and found a little Amish grocery, where we promptly blew a bunch of money on pickles of various sorts..
(Sweet garlic dills!  8)) and finally zoomed in on the place and got my new backhoe loaded...all told it looks like we
saved around $1700 or $1800 buying the backhoe up there and going to get it vice having it shipped..got a bigger more capable tool for the money too....and a nice road trip with She Who Must Be Obeyed...

and tomorrow....NEW TOY! :D
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

logwalker

Don't you just love roadtrips? Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

zopi

After the exhaustion subsides I do...wrestling that big 'ole truck of mine down the road can get tiring.

Gonna go out here and figure out how to get the new toy off the truck and on the tractor...here,
hold mah beer...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Jeff

Goodwarm up for the first Saturday in August. You only had one more state to go. ;) :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

stonebroke

Got any pictures?

Stonebroke

fuzzybear

I never met a tree I didn't like!!

zopi

Nahh...but I do have a 7ft deep hole in the backyard...three less stumps, a phone line that is buried 3ft deeper
under one of the gardens ( I hit it with a plow), and tomorrow I'm gonna have a freeze proof spigot right in the middle of the backyard, a bunch less piles of crap in the back field, and mama will have a new flower bed...

Apparently the day you bring a new backhoe home, you will forget to eat, and will likely dig as deep a hole as possible just to say you did it...

heh..now when the daughter brings home some snot nosed punk, I have one more thing to imply effortless doom for him...axes, chainsaws, guns a big backyard, and a backhoe so I won't have to work bury him...lol

hmmm...we have a big garden...might have to construct a root cellar soon...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Dave Shepard

I brought my new backhoe home in March, the 28th to be exact. No opportunities to dig a deep hole so I just made all the snow banks a little higher. :D Hmm, that makes my tractor just a tad over 7 years old. And I never thought I'd make it to the end of 60 "easy"  ::) payments. :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

zopi

yeah, it takes a little bit to get used to it...I'm still not very smooth...I think I'll change the
oil out of it for 40 wt hyd oil...the company that makes it says that'll make it it less jerky..

...nuther use...burying the pig (or goat) for BBQ!
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!