iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

In search of Hog Hunt

Started by OutlawB52, August 18, 2018, 10:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OutlawB52

Hello All . I live in Southern NJ . My Son and I would like to experience a decent hog outing. States on our list would include NC , SC or really any must see hunting lodge . 

pineywoods

Just about any southern state has hogs a plenty. There's a baited trap in my backyard as we speak, steel cage with a trap door, baited with corn. I have 1 neighbor who takes them out at night with a spot light and sniper rifle. Another adventurous soul who uses dogs and a bowie knife. Legally, in Louisiana, it's mostly ok to take hogs anytime, any way. If you have never done this, do some research be sure what you are getting into. 
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Claybraker

If you are making a special trip you might want to add quail- lot's more fun than just shooting a hog. Here's a place I've been a number of times. Established 1928. Friday night dinner is usually an oyster roast for cocktail hour with a low country boil, depending on weather. Here's the folks from EOTECH showing off the results of one outing. Cabin Bluff - News & Blog - Cumberland River Retreat. Really any Orvis endorsed lodge will be pretty good. 

CX3

Come hunt the mark Twain national forest here in mo. I live right by it guys kill hogs all the time.
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

mike_belben

Caryonah is the exotic game lodge in my area.  Middle TN
Praise The Lord

Skip

Hunted Caryonah years ago great time, good people over a 1000 acres if I recall. We all got a pig , still got the t-shirt somewhere.Not expensive either (Then anyway)

charles mann

You looking at pounding the ground with your feet (hunt behind dogs) and use a knife or take out alive, hunt out of a stand with a rifle or hunt from a helicopter?
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

Thank You Sponsors!