iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bilke firewood processors

Started by Quebecnewf, January 24, 2020, 05:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

Looking at a few videos of these units .

Has anyone here on the FF tried one or have any info on them 

Quebecnewf 

Nathan4104

Sorry I have no info, but had seen their site in the past and thought it was a neat idea.   
Looks like it only takes a 8 inch or so log. You'd want straight logs too I'd think.  I'd say it would depend on your wood supply If it would suit you well or not!  I have a Blacks Creek 1500, as I have mostly smaller logs in 8 foot and it will turn out a cord per hour for a relatively small investment compared to some higher cost machines. 
There are so many good ideas out there, they all just take money and time to have fun chopping wood :) 

Trapper4977

I'm thinking about building a firewood processor. I know some here who have done it.
If you built it OR bought it from the factory. .. can you share some info about
Hydraulics sizing, horsepower needed, etc... 1 cord an hour would be a good size for me to start with. What size hydro motors and pump are needed for the different applications? Hydro chainsaw, hold down, conveyor and a splitter that can push green hickory thru a multi wedge or box wedge.
Thanks

47sawdust

Trapper,
You may want to start a new thread to get more feedback on the topic you wish to discuss.i believe you will get more response.you could also do a search (homemade firewood processor for example) typed into the little search box.
Welcome and good luck,also fill out your profile so folks know where your from,sometimes members get grits in the mail. :D
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Thank You Sponsors!