iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wild Asparagus

Started by Norm, May 20, 2011, 05:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

Still finding it here, our weather turned cooler after my last post and the shoots have kept coming up, I've never seen it last this long but we don't have springs like this very often either.

Norm

We picked this batch yesterday out of the roadside.

Going to do some on the grill this evening.

LOGDOG

I'm curious if the rest of you do the snap method on the asparagus stalks to snap them where the tender part gets stiff prior to cooking? We do, unless I'm doing a really big batch. Then I'll do a few, see where the sweet spot is and line the rest up and whack them in one go.

barbender

Hello, my name is Burt and I am addicted to wild asparagus :) my wife thinks I have issues, I can spot a stalk driving by at 60 mph. Ham and asparagus omelets are a delight seldom matched on this cursed earth, I love it grilled as well. It grows wild around here, it likes sandy, acidic soil. You see it along fence rows a lot, in ditches, and around old homesteads. In fact, sometimes I'll be out trampin in the woods and come across a plant, I'll look some more and usually find an old root cellar and other remains of an old homestead.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!