iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lyctid Powderpost Beetle on Zoom Wednesday June 3 , 2020 at 8PM EDT

Started by GeneWengert-WoodDoc, April 26, 2020, 09:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

I prepared a PowerPoint presentation about the Lyctid PPB (for the Sawing Project 2020 that we had to cancel).  This presentation will be given on Zoom,  June 3 at 8PM EDT and last 50 minutes.  Everyone, up to 100 people, is invited,  To avoid background noises, everyone will be automatically muted and please do not unmute.  For security, do not share the password.  If this is your first Zoom meeting. Then, click the link Below at anytime and follow the instructions.  You will eventually see a notice that the meeting will begin shortly.  Because it will not begin until 8PM Wednesday, you can now exit, but your computer is all set for doing Zoom.  Click the link a few minutes before 8PM Wednesday.

Join Zoom Powderpost Seminar

Eugene Wengert is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Powderpost semina
Time: Jun 3, 2020 08:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
Unsupported Operating System - Zoom

Meeting ID: 871 7740 2667
Password: Powderpost
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

Southside

Hi Gene - Will there be a way to see this later on in a recorded format?  I would very much like to attend but there is no way I can do it at that time.

Thank you
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

tacks Y

Thanks Gene,

How long will this last?

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

50 minutes

Southside...suggest another time and maybe I can do a repeat.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

farmfromkansas

Could you post it on You tube?  Could watch it any time.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

tacks Y

Gene,

Sorry I was unable to get sound to work so I left. If this gets on another media I would like to watch.

caveman

I was tardy to this party but would be very interested in seeing the video if it is still available anywhere.  
Caveman

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

I will run it again.  Would an evening be better?  Weekend?

scsmith42

Gene, thank you for putting this together and sharing this with us.

I too would like to watch the video.  Evenings work better for me, or Sunday afternoons.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Stephen1

I just saw this. I would be interested and yes an evening meeting would be best.
Regards
Stephen
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Everest123

Did we figure this out?  I would surely love to see this presentation.  I have so many questions about PPBs!

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

How about 8PM EDT on Wednesday, June 3?  Do we have six people that would like this?
Gene

Stephen1

I can be be available to join. I have put it my calendar already.
Thank you for the offer Gene
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

PA_Walnut

I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

DWyatt

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Dan_Shade

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Dan_Shade

thank you.  very informative presentation and discussion.

caveman

Thank you to WoodDoc for putting together the presentation and fielding questions.  The more I learn the more I realize there is to do to ensure quality, bug-free lumber.  It was good to learn that the lyctid powderpost beetles are poor fliers and typically do not go more than 30'.  I suppose the cooking wood, shavings and other potential havens for ppb will need some social distancing from the kiln dried wood.
Caveman

PA_Walnut

Thank you Gene! Very nice presentation...I learned how much I didn't know about these evil critters! :D  >:(
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Swernicus

Im dealing with my first bout against PPB. Is there any way this presentation could be shared?

Old Greenhorn

I don't know how I missed this...twice! I try not to miss any of Gene's presentations, always so very helpful. I don't think Gene is in the habit of recording these. The ones he has done recently for NHLA have been recorded by them and made available on their wesites, but nothing on the PPB. 
 @GeneWengert-WoodDoc if you do have a recording of this and could put it in a dropbox, I will do my best to upload it to youTube if that would save you some time. (there is a function at the bottom of the zoom screen you hit just before you start the session to record it.)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

sawwood

Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

I can give it again, if enuf interest.  Maybe 7PM Thursday, January 21?

Thanks for the correction.

Stephen1

Thank You Sponsors!