iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hd250 finish drying temp

Started by Woodslabs, August 19, 2020, 07:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodslabs

Hi All,

For you guys that run a woodmizer or nyle kilns what temp do you finish at for thicker slabs. 2.5 inch walnut etc. I'm at 10% and running at 128. Do you guys go to 130 or higher? Have you ever ran it at 140 and can that damage the unit or the wood? Currently have 5000 bf of mostly walnut at 9 12 9. 3 probes. Should I leave it at 130 with the compressor off or go higher? RH is 30%. 

Want to get down to 5-6% in a week and a half or so. Any advice would be great.
check out www.woodslabs.ca

WDH

If you run the compressor over 134°, you will trip it and have to open up the panel and hit the little red "reset" button if it is like the L53 and I think that it is.  If you exceed 130°, make sure that the compressor is off.  You could run the temp up to 150° with the compressor off and open the doors 3 or 4 times a day for a minute or two to expel and water vapor since the compressor is off.  This should help to get that last bit of water out. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!