iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lubemizer pump trauma

Started by richard lane, October 14, 2016, 09:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richard lane

Hello, I'm having pump trauma with the lubemizer. I got it to start working but I noticed the liquid in the clear tube was not moving much when the pulse switch was activated . Any thoughts? Thanks, Richard

Ga Mtn Man

When you switch it to "continuous" does it spray from the nozzles normally?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

richard lane

Hello, the "weak stream" flow happens on both modes. Thanks for your input. Richard

Ga Mtn Man

Could be debris in the filter, check valve, or pump.  Disconnect the line coming from the pump outlet to the check valve and see if you have good flow.  Also, check that you have 12V at the pump.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Beavertooth

The o-rings in the check valves can go bad and cause that problem. I have had to replace mind probably 3 times in 9 years.
2007 LT70 Remote Station 62hp cat.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You can also take the cover off thats under the gas and water tank. See if your check valve has trash in it.
Its made of plastic so be careful.
You can not check it just by looking at it. I took mine out once and cleaned a tiny bit of "something" that was restricting the water.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dan_Shade

I've had problems with the pump after running heavy mixes of antifreeze
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

drobertson

Had a pump failure, as well as the check valves
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Percy

I use diesel im my lubemizer with a fuel pump replacing the water pump.  I have a filter and still
, somehow, the odd wood fragment of sawdust gets in and plugs the nozzle and I get similar problems as you. Worth a look....
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My nozzle is brass....I took the nozzle off and drilled a larger hole in it and I like it a whole lot better.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 15, 2016, 08:03:21 PM
My nozzle is brass....I took the nozzle off and drilled a larger hole in it and I like it a whole lot better.

smiley_thumbsup

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

terrifictimbersllc

After 3100 hours and several check valve replacements,I replaced my lubemizer pump. What a difference! It's easy to get used to poor performance declining over time. for years was using much more lube with little to show for it. It would be good i posted a video of what the pump  outflow is supposed to look like.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

MartyParsons

"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!