iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It died

Started by thecfarm, February 28, 2019, 09:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Remember this? Back in Sept 2011?

I won it on here. I think who even sent in a tile to cover a ceiling at Jeff's place had thier name entered to win this Efco chainsaw,a 152,50cc.

http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=18953.0

I did have to wire the plastic on it,the throttle part had cracked,but besides that it ran great. Or was. :o  I was cutting with it tonight and all was fine. Until about the third cut. Chainsaw motor ran great,chain not moving. Thought the clutch. Took the bar off and it all fell off. The crankshaft is broke right off. Well I think I have the name of the part right, Whatever comes out of the motor and is connected to the spocket has broke right off. I had that saw for 7 years and that saw has cut some wood. I have posted about this saw. I really liked it. A nice light saw. My limbing saw and small wood saw.I will be replacing it. A small Echo? I've been following that thread too. May you RIP.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

barbender

Yeah, that sounds fatal😂 Sounds like it had a good run, though👍
Too many irons in the fire

lxskllr

RIP little Efco. At least it died doing what it was born to do. We should all be so lucky  :^D

Caloren

2011 ? Man it doesn't seem like that long, I remember when you won that.
I'd say you got your money's worth ! :D
Stihl MS 170, Stihl MS 310, Stihl 028 AV Super, and half a dozen other no-accounts! Cat D4 D.

Al_Smith

Toss it in a box put it on the shelf .Watch flea bay .Eventually if you are persistent a donor will pop up .Don't pay too much for it .

Air Lad

Wait for a donor for sure  fishin-smiley

Thank You Sponsors!