iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

here we go again

Started by ehp, December 21, 2020, 12:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehp

ya I got the only one around here that I know of , I went pickup shopping today , that went very fast cause there is no pickups , 1 dealer had 3 trucks if you like white and only white, other dealer had 5 pickups but not what I want , either pickups for 20 year old kids all blacked out but cheap inside or high end stuff that are not meant to be pulled off pavement

Al_Smith

In used trucks it's almost impossible to find a regular old pick -me-up with a regular cab and an 8 foot bed .What you do find is over priced double cab golf club haulers with itty bitty beds .The interiors  are all dolled up like a Cadillac ,country club truck . New they cost as much as a Cadillac .I never thought I'd see the day somebody shells out 50 plus grand for a truck .Good grief .

Ianab

2 of my friends want to replace their Rural mail vans for various reasons. 

Toyota can supply, but the vans are being built in Japan now, and will be 6 weeks away. 

I can hook you up with a barely used VW van, or a Chinese LDV with a 100 yard warranty.  :D

The VW, too expensive to repair with the local dealer. The LDV, well it's Chinese. One of the windows fell out.  ::)

Like you say, it's hard to find a regular "work" vehicle. But then again, they are in these vans for maybe 8 hour a day. So automatic, climate control, comfy seats do actually matter. Then there's the safety ABS, airbags, stability control etc.  So a "basic" vehicle is sorta out  of the deal.  
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Al_Smith

They should make a pick up truck with a few dings and dents already  installed to ease the worry of doing it yourself .I classify a truck like I do a chainsaw or a ball peen hammer it's a tool .

Southside

To the right crowd that might sell - look at the new jeans you can buy with holes, rips, faded - they cost the most.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

ehp

$50 grand, Dam Al I need to come shopping in your area , $80 to $100 grand is closer if you can find one

thecfarm

With me it's tractors. The 100 hours a year look at mine and can't understand how I can bang it up like that. Easy, use it!!!!  ;D As I say, I did not buy it, to look at it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ehp

ya I might have found not what I want but what I may buy , we looked online at supper at another dealer that showed 14 pickups in stock so we drove over and found 1 truck so waste of time , We will see on monday 

Al_Smith

Sounds to me the Canadians have a lot of money to spend .Us poor folk in the corn belt belt are poor as church mice .We are so poor we can't even pay attention . :D It's a tough job to be a skin flint but I some how survive .

Al_Smith

Blue jeans with holes .They are just lazy, I install my own holes even patch them myself .Aside from being a fairly good mechanic I can run a Singer sewing machine .When they get too bad to wear they become rags .Takes a long while before that happens .
I think I have have 5 or 6 suits which are seldom worn but just yesterday we laid my uncle of 93 to rest after a life lived well . 300 miles round trip from the flatlands of northern Ohio to the south where they ran out of flat ground and had to stack the acres on end . 

Tacotodd

Quote from: Al_Smith on April 26, 2021, 08:56:12 AM
Blue jeans with holes .They are just lazy, I install my own holes even patch them myself .Aside from being a fairly good mechanic I can run a Singer sewing machine .When they get too bad to wear they become rags .Takes a long while before that happens .
I think I have have 5 or 6 suits which are seldom worn but just yesterday we laid my uncle of 93 to rest after a life lived well . 300 miles round trip from the flatlands of northern Ohio to the south where they ran out of flat ground and had to stack the acres on end .

Al I know it's not funny, BUT IT'S FUUNNNIIEE. Sorry, but the truth is easy.
Trying harder everyday.

Al_Smith

My lady fair "Georgie girl " thinks I'm a tad odd .I save those holey blue jeans and get on a kick and patch half dozen at a time .I must have at least 10 pairs of brand new I've never yet taken the tags off of. Then again I've got several dozen chainsaws I seldom use .Only one woman though .Can  you imagine a harem ? My goodness that would cruel and unusual punishment . :o

Spike60

I hate breaking in new jeans.  >:( 
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

rjwoelk

As a kid 50 plus years ago holes in the jeans was in style. We developed them by hauling square bales. The right one was usally the most worn and patched 2 or 3 times.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

ehp

no money here Al, its so bad the mice donot even stay here , they got alot nicer homes to live in down the road , 

Al_Smith

The mice here are brave souls or stupid .Two cats residing in the house plus a den  of red fox not 100 feet away from the house in a dug out ground hog hole .Plus any number of red tail hawks patrolling the air spaces like fighter jets .It's a real circus . ;D

Spike60

Getting kind of low on some models myself now. I've mostly stopped shipping saws. Only a couple of models I have enough in stock to do that. For the rest, I'm holding them for my local guys. But people are driving further to buy them in the store.

The sad thing is that most companies are predicting that this mess is going to take a long time before things improve. The entire supply chain has to recover, and every link is dependant on other links.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

ehp

Stihl dealer phoned me yesterday and offered a new 500i that was to be shipped to them like it was a very special deal . Told them I had brand new 500i still sitting in their boxes on the shelve but would take a couple new 400s if they could find any . You guys in the USA are w a ways a head of us here .  When I orderedthe flotation skidsteer tires I was told I would have them in 3 days well that sure did not happen and at this point not sure when they are going to show up if ever.  It's going to get worse before it's going to get better . The GM plant here is shut down with no date on reopening cause of the chip shortage

Al_Smith

Well there you go .Boat got cross wise in the Suez canal and the world stopped turning .Maybe they should have an alternate plan . ???
Of course none of that has anything to do with the price of a knotty 2 by 4 with bark on all four corners costs 10 bucks .

hedgerow

It took me four months to get a complete set of tires for my skid loader. I had ordered them in Nov after harvest and he said it would be a week he would get them from some of there other stores. I went in at the end of Dec and paid the ticket because I wanted them on 2020 taxes he had two at that time and it took till Mar to get the other two. Odd size batteries for farm equipment have been a issue this spring. It took all winter and part of spring to get our seed and chemical for the year. Normally only takes couple weeks. Fuel and oil filters for farm equipment was a issue this late winter early spring. It took many trips to the parts stores and had to get some on line. 

ehp

I'm afraid to say this but our worse time to get stuff has not even gotten here yet . You break something bad you better be good at making parts cause that's the only way your going to fix it

Tacotodd

@ehp I believe that you are RIGHT. Experience is a heck of a thing. Aftermarket parts were just as bad when the ANTIFREEZE plants may/may not have caught on fire just prior to my time in that world. It tended to affect everything. That's assuming they really did 🤔 Keep in mind, that was just before this cluster of different colors/types of antifreeze or R134A.
Trying harder everyday.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Al_Smith on April 24, 2021, 06:15:45 AM
In used trucks it's almost impossible to find a regular old pick -me-up with a regular cab and an 8 foot bed .What you do find is over priced double cab golf club haulers with itty bitty beds .The interiors  are all dolled up like a Cadillac ,country club truck . New they cost as much as a Cadillac .I never thought I'd see the day somebody shells out 50 plus grand for a truck .Good grief .
That's what I said before and got yadda yadda yadda. $50,000 US is that $65,000 + Canadian truck. You're not going to get that $35,000 new truck today are ya? :D :D :D

My grandfather could buy a brand new F150 every other year on Canada Pension. And you think pension has kept up with prices? :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tacotodd

Nope. Our respective dollar is worth less & less all the time. 😕   :(
Trying harder everyday.

SwampDonkey

Buddy on another thinning crew said his boss gets clearing saw blades for $18 in bulk,  Husky saw shop wants $24, Stihl wants $30. Also wanted to change the arbour for different size hole in blades, 3/4" to a 1". Shop wants 4 x the money. And there is nothing more to it than taking off the blade, pulling the arbour off with no more effort than removing a washer, and sticking the other on and blade back on. If you take the blade off and set the saw down, the arbour is likely to fall out. There is a gear behind it that matches the one on the angle drive gear. A little bit of tacky grease holds it a bit while changing out blades. Anything to steal a buck.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!