iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

adding hydraulic toe rollers

Started by 47sawdust, October 10, 2015, 12:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

I have a 1997 LT30 standard mill,no hydraulics.I am 68 and saw alone most of the time.My mill is set up stationary.I would like to add a self powered (gas motor) hydraulic powerpack to run a pair of hydraulic toe rollers and perhaps a claw turner.My grasp of hydraulics is very limited,so I am reaching out to the brain trust here.The toe rollers would be a big help in off bearing the hemlock beams I am going to be cutting.I have a log deck which is loaded with the tractor,so a hydraulic loader isn't needed.No electric at the mill.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

starmac

There is a long and very imformative thread about mill modifications, that wil likely have some good info for you. Sorry, I don't know how to find it, but someone will probably chime in that does.
You might also look over some of pineywoods threads, he has done some heavy modifications too and documented them.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kbeitz

For light duty use you can put an good alternator on your mill to keep up a good charge on your battery.
Then you could put a 12 hydraulic pump  system on your mill....

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

plowboyswr

Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

Thank You Sponsors!