iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Double Hard Blades not tracking on HM126

Started by Johnkeller1979, November 21, 2019, 07:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnkeller1979

Hello to all, 

Ive changed blades from the Lennox to Wood Mizer Double Hard on my HM126. I noticed when I put the new blade on, it seemed bigger. And I cannot seem to get it to track, a little nudge forward or backwards sends in the that direction way too much, Im turning the track adjustment bolt maybe an 1/8 of a turn at a time. 

Anyone have this issue? 

Thank you  
HM 126 Learning..

mtoo747

Is the Double Hard a thicker blade? I found that when i switched from Lennox 10` x .042 blades to Kasco 7` x .045 blades they would jump off the wheel as soon as i tried to turn it. I ended up adjusting my tracking 3 (THREE) full turns before it would track. You wouldn't think .003 difference would matter that much but it makes a big difference. Make bigger adjustments and i think you will find that it will come in.
mike

Johnkeller1979

Quote from: mtoo747 on November 21, 2019, 09:50:28 PM
Is the Double Hard a thicker blade? I found that when i switched from Lennox 10` x .042 blades to Kasco 7` x .045 blades they would jump off the wheel as soon as i tried to turn it. I ended up adjusting my tracking 3 (THREE) full turns before it would track. You wouldn't think .003 difference would matter that much but it makes a big difference. Make bigger adjustments and i think you will find that it will come in.
mike
Hey Mike,
They spec out as the same size as the Lennox, but when I put it on, it felt like there was a lot of slack. So I guess they are either thinner or longer? 
Didi you have to make any changes to the drive side by chance, or just the follower tracking? 
Thanks 
HM 126 Learning..

ladylake

a little nudge forward or backwards sends in the that direction way too much

I'd check the bearings and wheel mounting bolts .  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Crusarius

make sure you have proper tension when adjusting. 

fishfighter

Myself, I love the Kasco 7/.42. 8) Cuts very well in hardwood or pine. 8)

Johnkeller1979

Quote from: Crusarius on November 22, 2019, 08:02:04 AM
make sure you have proper tension when adjusting.
Hi there, wondering if I have that wrong.. I back it off 2.5 turns, then adjust, then torque. Is that the same as what you do?
HM 126 Learning..

btulloh

HM126

mtoo747

Quote from: Johnkeller1979 on November 21, 2019, 10:58:20 PM
Quote from: mtoo747 on November 21, 2019, 09:50:28 PM
mike
Hey Mike,
They spec out as the same size as the Lennox, but when I put it on, it felt like there was a lot of slack. So I guess they are either thinner or longer?
Didi you have to make any changes to the drive side by chance, or just the follower tracking?
Thanks
John, if there seems to a lot of slack they must be longer.Maybe compare the new and old blade side by side.  Make a big change in your tracking, at least a full turn and see if it makes a difference. Just try to keep track of where you start in case you go the wrong way (don't ask me how i know that). I have never made any tracking changes to the drive side. I back off 1 turn from full tension, adjust tracking then torque. I believe this is the way woodland mills recommends in there tracking video. It has worked well for me. Hang in there!  

kelLOGg

I have found that when I change brands (I have run Simonds, Cooks and WM) I have to make tracking adjustments
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Thank You Sponsors!