iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Faver Inc.

Started by 421Altered, February 18, 2020, 09:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

421Altered

Does anyone know if Faver Inc. the company that makes grapples is still in business in Genoa, Ohio?  I placed a deposit on one of their rake grapples on Jan 30th, and was told that it would take 1-2 weeks to receive it, as it had to be built.  Well, it's almost 3 weeks now. When I have called, there is not a secretary or anything, just a recording.  I called the phone number and Tom called me back on his cell phone when I asked him specific delivery date.  He said 1-2 more weeks.  The reason I called him is I have leased a skid steer based partially on his delivery time.  Now, I'm looking at renting a grapple to get the job done, Not happy about that.  The reason I ask is there is no snail mail address for the company on their web site, and when I Google Earth Genoa, Ohio, I can't find the business, and on the Genoa Chamber of Commerce website members list, they are not listed.  And obviously he's not returning my calls or texts. So, I need concrete proof that they are still in business before I send the balance of the payment, if they ever finish it.

LogPup

4382 N Opfer-Lentz Rd, Martin, Oh

421Altered

421Altered

Faver is still in business! I went to Atlanta today and picked up my grapple.  It had been at the freight company's dock for a couple of days waiting to get a load up to ship it to me.  I got tired of waiting and went and got it.  It looks fantastic!  I can't wait to use it.  Someone else on here said his came without hydralic hoses.  Mine came with hoses from cylinders to a T fitting, I'll have to have some made from there to my skid steer.

treemuncher

I purchased one of their brush grapples for my skid steer years ago, maybe 15+. It was more expensive than other choices but the quality was worth the price. I kept it for a while after I sold the ASV but then had someone ask to purchase it. I often regret selling it although I would have had little use for it.

I will say that the main rake was built to be indestructible. You might be able to tweak the top clamps but the main rake itself will outlast any skid steer. It is a heavy duty, quality built product. I wish more manufacturers built their stuff this way.

Glad to hear that they are still in business.
TreeMuncher.com  Where only the chosen remain standing

stanmillnc

I'm in the market for a new log grapple and I'm leaning towards the Faver unit for my skid loader. So it sounds like the hydraulic hoses are an option and not standard with Faver? These are pricey to begin with; not sure I can justify spending that much on a grapple without hoses. Are there any other heavy duty log grapples I should consider?

Tom the Sawyer

I have a Frostbite grapple and have been very happy with it.  The hoses were included, with connectors to fit your application.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Thank You Sponsors!