iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Price per cord?

Started by gman98, August 07, 2016, 06:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBusyBeaver

In middle GA we get 75$ for a half cord delivered within 20 miles of location. Delivered means dumped. I can only dump a half cord at a time so 150$ for full cord.

SwampDonkey

Around $210 here in western NB if I recall. Split and delivered.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

square1

Selling cut, split, seasoned (as seasoned as standing dead ash gets anyway) for $150 picked up / $165 delivered up to 5 miles. Sell as much as I can process. Fell the tree, buck it up, split the rounds, load onto a trailer (which trailer depends on if its pick up or delivery), customer gets firewood. No need for storage space this way :)

Pricing is very regional though. Watch local Craigslist offerings for a good gauge.  Then, just for fun check some other nearby by areas.  Last year I could have delivered cords to Ohio and made much better money, but the travel time / equipment wear & tear would have killed me!

woodshax

Here in the DFW area it is usually over $300 for seasoned oak for a full 128 cuft  and the closer you get to Ft Worth and Dallas the higher the price.....most advertise cords but show up with face cords.  We started buying by multiple cords at a time and have it delivered then bag and bundle it and turn around and resell for $1000-$1200 a cord

Al_Smith

I never stopped to figure the amount in those little wrapped bundles for 5-6 bucks a pop,  must be around 1200 a cord  .

Who ever knew people would buy wood like that .Then again who ever knew people would buy bottled water ?

You just never know .I had an IBM tech tell me in 1969 that one day people would have home computers and gizmos like Dick Tracey .I thought he was nuts .Here I sit  typing on one .

SwampDonkey

Most that do don't own a piece of woods. A neighbor of mine a few years back loaded the van with some firewood from the woodlot for a weekend stay at a campground. Came back home with what was left over to.  :D Out in the boonies where the province has little park areas, wood was always free from take down trees and blow downs, stacked under shelters sometimes even split. If none there, it was laying on the ground somewhere, and never had to buy any. People get into the notion of picking up a wrapped bunch of wood instead of loose sticks between forearm and shoulder.  Firewood around here is not quarantined by any species. But we do have custody regulations.  If your hauling firewood in the pickup from the woodlot, better have at least a hand written paper with property ID and location on it in the extreme rare chance DNR stops to check the source. Yep, could even me written on a napkin, no joke.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodshax

We sell strictly at State Parks and in Texas campers cant gather wood....So we are the only ones who can sell there.....kind of like paying $8 for a beer at the ball game...

dave_dj1

Quote from: coxy on August 22, 2016, 09:02:49 PM
the norm here is 175 for a full cord of green  4x4x8 16in      there is a guy in town that has lots of money but will not buy enough wood to last all winter  so we keep 4extra  full cord of dry wood for him at the end of jan first part of feb he runs out we charge him 325 a cord for it you would think he would get smart but no   says he my die and not burn it all  ::)

I have a logger friend that only brings home a small pickup load every night. I asked him one day "you're a logger, why would you only bring home a few sticks at a time instead of having a yard full year round?"  His reply was "I might die tonight or I might hit the lottery, either way I won't be needing any more wood!" 
I still chuckle about that.

coxy

my uncle use to do that and say the same saying  8)

Thank You Sponsors!