iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Can't get Icons

Started by Peter Drouin, December 16, 2023, 06:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

When I click to post something I get a black heavy line around the box.
Did not get that before. Now my Icon is like this. ;d ;; ) In the box.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

:D 8) ;)

Something was not right at that time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

mine has been that way for a few weeks, since the hack.  I also have not been able to tag someone using the @ sign.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

beenthere

Missed the "hack".  What/when ??
thanks
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

doc henderson

Jeff had posted something, "under attack" I think.  maybe it has been a month.  I thought the icon thing was an "upgrade".  Guess I may be gullible.  @jeff.  and see it did not conjure up a link to notify Jeff for me.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

@doc henderson  It's gotta have the capital J doc.  @jeff will not make the trip.  It has to be exact.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Old Greenhorn

@Jeff doesn't seem to work either. I just tried using this tool in another post and could not get it working no how. I'm having trouble with the 'insert hyperlink' tool also, but these are minor things I don't ponder on very much. The conversations are still just as good. :)

EDIT: I stand corrected that did work this time (sorry Jeff if I woke you up or something. ;D)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

Magicman

There is nothing wrong with the hyperlink tool either but you must insert your information in the correct places.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

And for the love of Pete stop beeping Jeff.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

well under the reply tab everything looks different and is does not matter which computer I am on.

ftp://  (the preceeding all I get for the hyperlink.)

this is waht the hyperlink looks like.  used to be a spot for the link and the title.

the above is the extra space.  I have to scroll sown to get to the threads.

the above is my dashboard.  and when I add a pic, it shows the text link, not the pic.  something is different.

Magicman

The tools are arranged much differently than they were, but at least they are there.

Also, the picture link now only shows the picture's address and not the actual picture.  Click the Preview button to see how the post will look.

Your hyperlink should look something like this:

[url=insert your url here]type your link name here[/url]

doc henderson

the hyperlink does not, and I cannot use it now.  I saw the icon change and thought it was an upgrade as mentioned.  I cannot link folks now, but I will keep trying.  sometimes it is just persnickety!   :)

thecfarm

Don't feel bad doc, my hyper link does not work like magic man's.
It looks like your ftp code that you posted but url in it's place.
I am using the icon under the U that is underlined.

Magicman

Sounds like you need to reboot and dump your cookies and cache.

When you click on the hyperlink tool it should look like this: [url][/url]

You then insert = and paste your url.  Then type your link name between the ] and [

I can not type out exactly what to do because it will do it which is the reason for the "code".
Look carefully at this and my previous reply.

Peter Drouin

I'm not good with a PC. Just when I get it figured out It changes.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

doc henderson

thanks lynn, but it used to be simple with two spots and explanation what to put where. hmm. 

btulloh

Something changed in galleries too.  Almost impossible to get anything but "latest additions " .
HM126

Magicman

I agree, I liked it better the way it was but it was that way because Jeff had tweaked things and rearranged them.  I know that he was thankful to get this back to the way it is now. 

I know that it is much too deep for me so I try to learn how to maneuver about with what we have.

Jeff

I know there is something wrong, and once I can identify the problem, I'll at least try and fix it. 

Better get used to change guys, the forum is going to have to go through a big software change very soon in order to maintain function for the future. Problem is the upgrades may not be compatible with this server, meaning, everything will need to move before hand.  This smiley issue is just a distraction from the boulders in the road I see. The gallery will have to be replaced. That could be very good.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

We (I) were just making sure it was up front and known about, not complaining at all.  We will wait patiently until something else is needed or done.  Thanks all.

Jeff

Update.

First please do not feel I am having an issue with something simply if I am short. I'm usually short on something, and that is time or internet connectivity or clarity of thought, but that's all there is to that.

it seems that a modification for google analytics is causing an issue with another modification, the advanced posting editor. It aint working. What you are using is the default out of the box editor. Apparently one of you broke the nice one I gave you. ;) :)  probably Doc played with it to much.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o.  Sorry! :(

Old Greenhorn

And this children, is why we can't have nice things. :D :D :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Peter Drouin

I see, It's all Doc's fault.  Doc stop playing with the pc. :D :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.