iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New small saw, Mikita EA3601F

Started by Hilltop366, July 06, 2018, 12:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilltop366

So I decided to get a small saw for limbing larger spruce trees and thinning small trees at home and at the camp. After looking at various brands and models and comparing size, weight, construction and price I ended up with a Mikita EA3601F. 

It is classified as a "farm" saw it is 35.2cc and is built with a magnesium vertical split crankcase, adjustable carb with both high and low mix and idle speed and a primer bulb as well as a adjustable oiler.

It looks to be well made and starts very easily and runs well right out of the box but because of the hot weather I have only tried it for a few minutes. In some fairly dry maple firewood it seems to zip right through 6" no problem and was pleasantly surprised at how well it did in 13" dry maple, just let it rev up and it moves right along.

I have a Stihl MS361 arctic for the bigger stuff and a 30 year old Dolmar 115 but I think I well like this small saw for the lighter work.

Novascotiamill

Thats a nice looking little saw,think those sre dolmars originally. 
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Lots of rigid genx5 tools
1 long haired german shepherd
2017 kioti ck2610HST with FEL and forks
Grindlux band sharpener
Wicked 55" root rake grapple
O

Hilltop366

Yes, from what I remember Makita bought Dolmar in the early 90s and seems to have merged into one name (Makita) in the last while in Canada there are no longer new Dolmar saws.

I was a Dolmar dealer in the mid 80s as a sub line to my main focus which was Kawasaki products but decided to close up after the sales of motorcycles had declined about 4/5ths. I have always thought there stuff was well made.

Novascotiamill

Did you have a forklift shop with the kawis?
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Lots of rigid genx5 tools
1 long haired german shepherd
2017 kioti ck2610HST with FEL and forks
Grindlux band sharpener
Wicked 55" root rake grapple
O

Hilltop366

No they took on Kawasaki several years after I closed up.

Thank You Sponsors!