iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chasing Bear in da U.P. 2008

Started by Jeff, September 12, 2008, 08:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Never mind them fellers Jeff, the grits they been swallowing has tainted their taste in fine bread dough.  :D :D Don't forget the yeast.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ely

i am a big fan of yeast.......and barley and hops............just not jeffs oatmeal :-X

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mooseherder

ely

i seen something similar to that..........................then i went and seen a doctor :D

Raider Bill

that looks like something my ex wife would cook.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Sparty

Jeff's cooking can give you:
a full belly,
the runs,
and splinters...
all at the same time :-[

Burlkraft

Ask him about his clam chowder  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Radar67

Does it dam clam you up for weeks on end?  :D :D :D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

WDH

If the bear don't eat it, you can burn it in the Biomizer :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

All that grease and sawdust should make a nice fire. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

Jeff,
Any bears "hanging" yet?? A 575 pounder was recently taken down here in Mitchell Swamp just west of Cadillac last week.
~Ron

Jeff

Just the same characters hanging around. None hanging from the bear pole though. :) 575 is one big bear!

Weekend_Sawyer

I am following this with great interest. The bears are getting to be a real pain at our cabin. Last weekend we toured a neighbors tree farm and saw tree after tree broken off by these furry vandals.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

SwampDonkey

I know bear will do that, I've seen fir around bear dens snapped off. But, mostly it's moose doing that up here in plantations and scraping. Doesn't seem like much when you happen upon a $25 Christmas tree ruined, but when it adds up to 100, then it's getting expensive. ::)

Loghead

Just got my paper from the cabin up north (Nevis MN) and on the front page is a 611 pound black bear 8' 11" nose to tail
on the paw they said it weighed in around 750 lbs  :o :o :o He saw it while bow hunting and decided to go get the rifle instead.  (I wonder why?)
lovin anything handcrafted with logs!!

Jeff

I rode up with Lynda Friday and we came home Monday. We had the same smaller bear come in Sunday evening for about 20 minutes. 

Something I noted:
2 of our evenings of hunting and we had Ruffed Grouse at 3 different times walk into where the corn feeder was and had pine squirrels attack them and run them off every time yet they won't bother the bluejays or other birds that make regular appearances. Makes ya wonder why.

We took a break one afternoon to og drop off some of the slabs we made while running the sawmill to our friends in Stalwart. They will use them to help fire their Sugarbush this coming spring. While we were there I snapped this photo of the 3 remaining pups they have from a litter of Labs. The others were yellow and chocolate from the same litter. They are having trouble finding homes for these guys.

A few photos I didnt post

Here is a photo of Blaze

And one of the Sows and her cub that is coming in

And one of the many bandits that frequent the area

Paul_H

You'd think somebody would want the two headed one for certain.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

isawlogs

I have room herefor two of um ... might even could be talked into all of um ... Do you deliver ??? Gas is getting to the point we could almost call cheapper !!!!   :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

I'd love one of those dogs. But, they need looking after and feeding, so I withdraw my commitment. ;)  Nice puppies, I can see in their eyes they want to chew my slippers. :D :D

Jeff

Hopefully they don't take after their Mamma. Mamma Annie is going down the road as soon as the puppies do because she has developed a taste for chickens. Lyle and Peggy have 3 adult female Black labs. Two coexist with the chickens, Annie loves them as well, but with a little mashed potatoes on the side. :D

isawlogs

Perfect , send her down to Patty . Becky will have a partner in crime .  ;D
I still would want the little one s, lots a room here for um .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Paschale

Quote from: Paul_H on October 14, 2008, 10:05:23 PM
You'd think somebody would want the two headed one for certain.

:D :D :D :D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Norm

Quote from: isawlogs on October 15, 2008, 05:59:06 PM

Perfect , send her down to Patty . Becky will have a partner in crime .  ;D

Becky already has all the help she needs.... :D

But she's down to just two left.

isawlogs

Ya got two of those left ... I want um , can you deliver ...  8)

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!